Von Schweikert vr-2 vs. Energy v2.4

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Aaron L, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Aaron L

Aaron L Auditioning

I kind of had it narrowed down to go with an all Energy veritas speakers for my home theater.(v2.4, v20c, v2.or and the s10.2) I wanted to stay around the 5-6 grand range for all of the speakers. My local installer told me the Energys were garbage compared to the Von Schweikert vr-2. Of course he was selling the vr-2s. just wanted to see if anybody had any input. Seems like the Energy veritas line is getting great reviews. thanks

2. Tyson Wetzel

Tyson Wetzel Stunt Coordinator

The Veritas line is very nice and hardly garbage. Always be wary of salespeople that bash stuff they don't sell (unless it's Bose, it's always ok to bash Bose on the sales floor). You might hold off on the 10.2 though as the new .3 subs are available and there's a 12!

3. Aaron L

Aaron L Auditioning

hey thanks for the tip on the .3 sub. Energys are little more$$ but they seem like a better speaker on paper but I know thats not really the best way to tell.

4. Mike Bassi

Mike Bassi Stunt Coordinator

Aaron, the Von's are 5 times the speaker that the Energy Veritas is. My buddy has them in his house and it sounds only ok. The VR2's have won awards for sound at there price point. I myself am working on getting a VR4jr new edition when it comes out sometime soon I hope. Yes I do like and have a big preference to the VR series but it's a damn good speaker.

Mike

5. FoT

FoT Auditioning

Aaron,

you owe it to yourself to give the Von Schweikerts a listen...i've heard the VR-2s and they are pretty impressive for the $$$. very different sound than the Energy Veritas though which is why i rec'd that you give them a listen...

6. Joey_V

Joey_V Second Unit

u have to listen to both.... AB them if possible.

7. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

The Energy .2 subs were kinda weak. Bay Bloor Radio was using FOUR of them in their little theatre. Mind you, they had 1 sub as dedicated LFE, one sub for the mains, one for the centre, and one for the surrounds. Subs placed in small alcoves across from their respective speaker (centre sub in rear left of room). Interesting concept.

Back to the Veritas. I'm running 2.1/2.0Ci/2.0Ri and I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Fantastic sound, but the question is...is the sound for you? Auditioning is crucial, of course. And well, it's guilty fun to go shopping. [​IMG]