What's new

Von Schweikert LCR-21 (1 Viewer)

Mike Bassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Bassi
Is this a good center channel? It will be for Music, and HT. Will be powered by a Marantz 8200, and a Yamaha S2300 DVD player.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Don't know about the LCR-21. Not a current design that is listed on VSA's site.

I use the LCR-15 for a center and it is outstanding.

BOK

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Mike. I see it.
I originally had discussions with VSA's sales manager months ago about purchasing a LCR 35 for my center but was told that it was going to be phased out, as was their more expensive LCR-50 center.
He was really extolling the LCR-15 and promised I would not be dissappointed.
I was not even aware of the LCR-21, let alone the separate website you linked me to. And the VSA SM did not even mention it. Interesting.
www.vonschweikert.com is their current site and has the most current info and product listings.

I use 3 LCR-15's across my front stage and 2 VR-1's for surrounds.
Used to use Paragigm Ref CC center and the LCR-15 is flat-out a better speaker. I much prefer the 15's over my old Paradigm Ref Studio 40's as well. I find them much more accurate and considerably smoother across the HF range and the mids are liquid.

BOK

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
I currently use a VS LCR-20. http://www.vonschweikert.com/vrtheater/LCR-20m.HTM

It's the same as the LCR-21, but with different end caps. It's a very good speaker, and matches my VR-2000s and TS-200s perfectly. As far as comparisons go, the only other center speaker I've owned is a B&W that matched my older 600 series B&Ws, and this speaker is much better.

What are the main speakers you're matching it with?

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I can't comment on the LCR 20 but I have the LCR35 and it is one of the better Centers on the market. Knowing Albert I would say the LCR20 is a very adept center. I used to have a Paradigm Reference 7.1 system. When I was searching for an upgrade I spent 9 months and demoed almost 20 lines of speakers. Paradigm Reference is tough to upgrade from with out spending a fortune! At the time there was no dealers around my area so an individual had the at the time the new VR3.5's and the LCR35 center so I went for a listen. 2 months later I had a 7.1 VSA system. I couple it with a PB2 Ultra and a S/3 sub and after 2 years I still smile every time I fire up my system. Try it out,they will let you send it back if not satisfied, but I doubt that will happen.

Good Luck,
Steve

Mike Bassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Bassi
Well there was one on E-bay and I just missed out on it. I was bidding an electrical job and called a buddy to see if he could bid for me. It got too out of control for him to keep up on his computer in the last seconds so I lost out. At some point this year I do want to go with all Von Schweikert speakers at some point, but don't get to hear them all that often. When I do I'm drooling at the chance to own what I have heard.

Mike

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator

They are also coming out with the LCR-40 which is made to match the VR-4 III SE. The LCR-50 is more matched for the VR5 and VR7.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks