What's new

Von Schweikert is close to having their new 5.1 HT system done. (1 Viewer)

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Albert Von Schweikert and company is beta testing their new TS350 surround which should be released in September. This coupled with their new VR3.5 towers and LCR35 center and S3 sub will round out their new HT line. I spent almost a year trying to find worthy speakers that could best Paradigm Studio 100's and CC/ADP's/Active 20 setup and not break the bank.After looking at the usual suspects; B&W, Dynaudio, Vienna Acoustics, Sonus Faber, NHT, Mirage, Def Techs, Revel F30's.I came across these speakers at a now friends house that invited me over for an audition.5 minutes is all that it took and I was sold. I had just been at Dynamic Audio in Houston and had listened to the Wison watt puppies and the Dynaudio Contour 2.5 HT line and these VR3.5's and LCR were IMO equal or slightly more dynamic than the Wilsons at a fraction of the cost.
For those of you that are looking to upgrade don't forget to check out the Von Schweikert line of speakers.No I'm not a salesman just letting people know that sonic nirvana is obtainable at a reasonable price and trying to turn people on to this wonderful line of speakers!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

W

Will

these VR3.5's and LCR were IMO equal or slightly more dynamic than the Wilsons at a fraction of the cost.
---
sonic nirvana

Ahhh yes... spoken like a real believer. Been there myself.
There was identical hype about Von Schweikert speakers a
few years ago. Those of us who bought Von Schweikert speakers
then, when he headed his previous company, before he went
bankrupt, leaving us with WORTHLESS WARRANTIES for the tremendously
hyped speakers we bought, might be a little more cautious
about buying a Von Schweikert speaker now, than a newbie would.
But some things never change!
Live and learn.

Philip Brandes

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, the warranties on old Von Schweikert speakers is far from worthless, as Albert's new company is continuing to offer repairs under warranty for their old lines. I know this for a fact because he recently fixed an LCR-31 for me for free. They also offer a very reasonable upgrade for the VR 4s to the new VR 5s.
As far as I'm concerned, continuing to support products from his old defunct company is a sign of very high integrity. People who post slurs should try checking their facts first.
Cheers,
Philip Brandes
------------------

W

Will

If he fixed your broken LCR-31 for free, consider yourself
fortunate.
When he went out of business before and for years afterward,
his warranties were not honored. Nobody would honor them,
period. You had to pay and pay to get anything fixed.
He also pretty much disappeared when he went out of business.
Now he moved across country and he's back in business selling
speakers again.

Chris Lana

Grip
Two comments:
Steve-I have no idea where you live in TX but wanted to let you know I purchased a used pair of VSR Mini-Monitors from someone in Houston who is promoting and/or marketing their line. Let me know if you want his e-mail.
As to repairs, the mid blew in my "2000", I called Albert (actually we've spoken three or four times) and he sent me the part. My cost-the call...

Steve Daniels

Stunt Coordinator
Let me add the following, in no particular order:
* http://www.vonschweikert.com/
* My main HT system consists of VR2000s, the LCR20, and TS200. See --> http://www.vonschweikert.com/reference.htm . I'm very happy with the price/performance ratio these speakers offer.
* I was more upset with the circumstances under which the previous company folded than the fact that they did or that they left me without a warranty and support (until the new company appeared).
* Consumers owe it to themselves to look at the reputation of all the major players involved in a new company they are thinking of buying from. No question AVS (the person) is a mixed bag; I don't think this demands a "Steer Clear At All Costs" rating. YMMV.

W

Will

Consumers owe it to themselves to look at the reputation of all the major players involved in a new company they are thinking of buying from. No question AVS (the person) is a mixed bag; I don't think this demands a "Steer Clear At All Costs" rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks