What's new

VON SCHWEIKERT Does anyone have experiance with these guys? (1 Viewer)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I found these on Ebay. I am not questioning if they are good, just are they worth the money. When a company makes claims that they are the Best speaker company in the world I begin to question them. Since there really is no Best speaker company that would be a hard claim to make, at least truthfully. I just want your opinions on this company.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Von Schweikert himself is a very good speaker designer. As a business man, he has had mixed success. Specifically, he has had about 4 incarnations of his speaker business. Some people like some of his speakers a lot. I don't know that they are worth what they cost. I have a feeling that there is a lot of depreciation on them.

If I remember correctly, you like full range speakers, so maybe they would be your cup of tea. More and more, I prefer to cross over at 80Hz to a really good subwoofer, even for music.

There is one full range speaker that really is exceptional, but long discontinued and rare. The Snell Type B. 12 inch woofer on the front, 12 inch subwoofer on the back. Rear mounted second tweeter. An extraordinary design, 125 pounds. Virtually unknown. Killer bass.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I may have an op to get some snell speakers for under $1000. They are quite large floor standing speakers.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
About Snell, yes, but I don't know the model. About the VON SCHWEIKERT, no, not any particular model. I was simply questioning the reallness of the company. It just isn't good business to claim you have the best product out there, especially considering speakers.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Oh, well they are very fine speakers. I consider the VR-1 monitors to be the best bookshelf speaker under $1k that I've heard. There's nothing wrong with those speakers....my DeVore Dealer carries the line...they are very nice.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Oh, well they are very fine speakers. I consider the VR-1 monitors to be the best bookshelf speaker under $1k that I've heard. There's nothing wrong with those speakers....my DeVore Dealer carries the line...they are very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks