Volume settings on the Sony STRDB940

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ben Durrant, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Ben Durrant

Ben Durrant Auditioning

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to save the volume settings for the rear surround speakers for each of the various receiver inputs?
    For example, when I'm watching a video through the Video1 inputs (with Dolby Surround) I prefer the rear surrounds on +6, whereas when watching a DVD (with Dolby Digital) it sounds best at -2.
    It would be useful if I could store a different speaker configuration for each of either the soundfields or inputs.
    Is this possible?

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Ben: No, the Sony DB's cannot do what you want. The settings for individual level and speaker size are universal.
    ------------------

3. Ben Durrant

Ben Durrant Auditioning

Would it be possible to teach a universal remote to do this with a macro?

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Yes, I imagine that you could automate the speaker level changes by using a macro. One of the toughest things would be to make sure that when you execute the macro, it starts at the same beginning point. IOW, as an example, you want to make sure that the adjustment to the rears always changes the rears, not the subwoofer (or center, or some other setting.)
    ------------------