What's new

Volume of NBC in LA on DirecTV? (1 Viewer)

BryanEB

Agent
Has anyone else noticed that the volume on the NBC feed in LA is quite a bit lower than other channels?

I happened to just get a new A/V receiver too, so I'm wondering if the problem is in the feed or receiver.

Thanks,

Bryan

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I notice that the volume varies a lot from station to station on DTV . I also have cable where I live and ditto for the volume differences from station to station. I have not noticed that NBC is particularly loud, but I will try to remember to check this out.

Deborah

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Bryan,
Ooops -- I read your "lower" as "louder." ;) My old slightly disabled brain strikes again! I will check for low volume on NBC tonight instead. I notice with my system that I really have to crank the volume on the Scifi channel and I mean really crank it up there to the 18-20 range. I think this may have nothing to do with DTV and everything to do with the way the station itself broadcasts the shows. I have often wished the volume could be uniform across networks because I get sick of constantly having to adjust the volume as I move from station to station.
Stay tuned (so to speak),
Deborah

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Bryan,

I used the State of the Union speech last night to compare volumes on a number of different L.A. locals that I receive from DTV. The NBC volume is much lower than CBS, ABC, FOX, and CNN. So, it is not your setup and probably not the feed, but rather a problem that most likely originates from NBC itself.

Hope that helps,

Deborah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks