Volume of NBC in LA on DirecTV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BryanEB, Jan 29, 2002.

1. BryanEB

BryanEB Agent

Has anyone else noticed that the volume on the NBC feed in LA is quite a bit lower than other channels?

I happened to just get a new A/V receiver too, so I'm wondering if the problem is in the feed or receiver.

Thanks,

Bryan

2. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

I notice that the volume varies a lot from station to station on DTV . I also have cable where I live and ditto for the volume differences from station to station. I have not noticed that NBC is particularly loud, but I will try to remember to check this out.

Deborah

3. BryanEB

BryanEB Agent

Actually, the problem is that it seems particularly quiet.

Thanks,

Bryan

4. DeborahK

Bryan,
    Ooops -- I read your "lower" as "louder." [​IMG] My old slightly disabled brain strikes again! I will check for low volume on NBC tonight instead. I notice with my system that I really have to crank the volume on the Scifi channel and I mean really crank it up there to the 18-20 range. I think this may have nothing to do with DTV and everything to do with the way the station itself broadcasts the shows. I have often wished the volume could be uniform across networks because I get sick of constantly having to adjust the volume as I move from station to station.
    Stay tuned (so to speak),
    Deborah

5. DeborahK

Bryan,

I used the State of the Union speech last night to compare volumes on a number of different L.A. locals that I receive from DTV. The NBC volume is much lower than CBS, ABC, FOX, and CNN. So, it is not your setup and probably not the feed, but rather a problem that most likely originates from NBC itself.

Hope that helps,

Deborah

6. BryanEB

BryanEB Agent

Good to know nothing is wrong with my equipment.

Thanks for the help,

Bryan