What's new

Volume Knob on Receiver gone bad (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Hey, guys, I own a Sony STR-DE835 AV Receiver. Over the past few years, the volume knob has sometimes frozen and couldn't be moved with the remote control (new batteries). I've used compressed air around the prong the knob fits over to clean it, but it never fixed the problem. Sometimes I could just jiggle the knob and then could use the remote, but sooner or later it would freeze again. Well, I think I've jiggled it one too many times and now the prong is loose. I'm considering having the receiver turned over to a repair shop. In the past, I've never had to have a piece of equipment repaired and am just wondering if there's anything I might need to know about repair shops beforehand. Thanks guys!

JackS

Supporting Actor
Jeff- Go to Radio Shack and ask for a can of contact cleaner. Or you might try to spray a little WD-40 in and around the post working it back and forth to clean. My guess is that your volumn control is extremely dirty and a little cleaning may solve all your problems.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Jack, but I've done all that. Unfortunately, doing that again won't fix the loose knob-prong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks