Volume is stuck with my Marantz SR 7000

Marantz

Auditioning
Real Name
Jayaram
Hi I have a 2000 vintage Marantz SR 7000 receiver which was working fine till recently. About a year back, the remote control completely went bust. After that, I have been trying to use the system through the various buttons on the unit. However, I have noticed that the volume is not going below -81 db and this is very high by itself. I am not an expert on audio technology but wonder why a volume having a - (negative) sign is still so high. despite turning the volume knob, it is stuck at -81 db.

I scouted for a replacement remote hoping that I may be able to control the volume with a RC unit. I came across this Czech-based company https://www.remote-control-world.eu/ who have sent me a RC which replicates the original. The RC works fine, but I am still stuck with the volume control problem. Can someone tell me if there is actually a problem with my receiver volume control unit itself ? If anyone else has faced a similar issue and has been able to rectify it, I will appreciate your guidance. I havent been able to locate a reliable repair shop for this equipment in my city.

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Real Name
Adam
If its "stuck" at a single loud volume and turning the volume knob or using Vol +/- on the remote won't change it then it sounds like your receiver has a problem. Later models had settings in the setup menu that impact volume, but I looked through the manual for your model and there aren't any options to set volume limits for the main zone.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorystow