What's new

Volume different with TV vs. DVD and radio (1 Viewer)

JDPotter

Auditioning
Real Name
Jerry Potter
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
Here is what I have:
HITACHI 57F500
PANASONIC DVD-RP62
ONKYO HT-R500
Direct TV
My problem is when I am watching the TV the volume on the receiver is 90% maxed out to here any surround sound.However,when viewing a dvd or listening to the radio the receiver is set at a volume of 40 and that is plenty loud.Any more info,please,let me know

joseph westcott

Second Unit

Common problem of volume differences although maxed out receiver volume is usually not experienced. No real work around other than to program a volume increasedecrease into your remote when switching sources. This all assumes that none of your audio connections are using the TV audio out.

Fred333

Agent
Real Name
Fred
I think i once heard about a device that you could run the your tv through, stereo and dvd which utilized one controller and with that you could program in various volume settings... let me look around and i will get back to you.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
That is the reason that high end recievers will have what is called "input volume trim level adjustment" for each source.:)

JDPotter

Auditioning
Real Name
Jerry Potter
I was thinking someone familiar with my equipment could descibe how the connections should be.I have read the instructions,and of course I am not versed in some terms, I could have something incorrectedly connected.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
From the Hitachi manual, page 9.

So, if that's how you've connected your TV to your receiver using those connections., the volume control on your television is attenuating the signal before it reaches your receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarfunAMD
Recent bookmarks