What's new

Volume Difference Between 2 ch. stereo and Surround Mode? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
A compelling argument if I ever heard one to NOT go bare wires :) Now head on over to Spumoni Gardens and celebrate :)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Jerry,

Just to clarify my comments on EARS, I only use it for music. I am perfectly happy with PL II Movie mode for non-5.1 films and TV viewing.

I have gone back and forth with DTS:Neo 6, and PL II, and am currently liking PL II Movie a bit better...although that may change at any moment!

BGL

JerryMa

Stunt Coordinator
Brian L: Sorry, just realized I misread your post! I stopped on a 5-channel setting for a few seconds while going through sound options on my way to stereo, and will try 2-channel with EARS. I did notice a difference in sound in 5.0, will be interesting to play with this feature.

Chu Gai: LOL!! you buying???

Regarding plugs vs. bare wire, I've left the bare wire connections to the speakers as-is for now, since these connections were easy and are relatively clean. The back of the NAD (as I'm sure are others) is a mess for those without nimble fingers, so I would definitely fall into the camp of those who prefer plugs to bare wire on a receiver's speaker binding posts.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I use these. I buy them in bulk because I often use them during installations. For $3.20/pr they're well priced for the quality and I like the compression style connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks