What's new

Volume Control lost off-screen (1 Viewer)

MichaelG

Second Unit
I am running WinXP Pro and for some reason I have lost my Volume Control off screen. When I double-click the icon in the notification area (far right of task bar) I can see the application in the task bar, but clicking it over and over all I see is the Volume Control app move from the task bar to left side of the screen (but not visible). I am sure that there is just some .ini file that has a bogus x coordinate or something but I don't know where to look. If anyone can help please let me know.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Right click on the taskbar and choose Cascase Windows.

Or...

You can use the keyboard to move just about any window. Make the Volume Control window the active foreground window. Press Alt-Space, then press M (for Move). Then use the arrow keys to move the window wherever you want. Then press Enter to stop moving it.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey great tip Wayne! When I switch resolutions, I often lose my instant chat windows off the screen. This will come in real handy...

MichaelG

Second Unit
Thanks Wayne. I also found that instead of using ALT-Space then M you can go to the task bar and Right-click on the application and choose Move, then use the arrow keys.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks