What's new

Volume control between analog a digital output on the Elite VSX-47TX (1 Viewer)

Riche_guy

Auditioning
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to setup control of volume coming from analog or dVD output on the receiver.

I find that if I play a Cd that has a digital output it sounds much louder than if I am playing a DVD-Audio or SACD that has analog outputs. I must crank her up with the analog outputs and must lower volume for CD. Also TV analog output is lower.

Does the Elite Pioneer VSX-47TX have a way to control this?

Thanks.

Riche_guy

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
No, there is one master control for all inputs on the 47TX. I actually have the opposite experience with my 47TX concerning analog vs. digital. I need to turn up the volume when watching a DVD (digital input), and turn it down lower for TV, SACD/CD or DVD-Audio (analog inputs). FYI, except for TV, the other analog sources all come through the multi-channel input.

The only exception is my HDTV cable and OTA tuners, which are digital connections. The volume level for those components are about the same as my analog TV audio.

Riche_guy

Auditioning
Think of it DVD is also low as well and is TV. I wonder why that is?

How do you like your receiver??

Riche_guy

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I really like my 47TX. I am driving seven B&W 600 Series speakers, and the receiver handles the load very well. The sound quality is also quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks