voltage question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin T, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

not sure which forum this belongs in, so i'll just drop it here. i recently installed a panamax max2000 into my system for triggering / surge protection. what i've noticed is that there appears to be a large fluctuation in the readout which tells the voltage at the outlet. usually, with all my components turned on, it's about 100-104 volts but i've noticed it will drop down to the 93-94 volts at times as well. the max2000 factory setting is 95 volts for undervoltage protection, however, i reduced it to 90 volts. i'm just concerned that this is not normal or i could possibly be damaging my equipment. anybody have any experience with this? if it helps, here is a list of my connected equipment:

32" philips television (yeah...i know)
    hughes dd5.1 directv receiver
    sonly slv-m20hf vcr
    pioneer dv-c302d
    ead theatermaster encore
    aragon 8008bb
    aragon 8008x3b

kevin t

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

whats the max current rating on the panamax?

3. mike_decock

mike_decock Supporting Actor

I have a Panamax 5100 and the voltage is all over the place. Usually low during the day and high at night. I think this is pretty normal.

If you're seeing the voltage drop significantly as you turn on components (a temporary dip is OK) you need to look into spreading the load across an other line.

-Mike...

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    moved to "Tweaking, Connections & Accessories"

5. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

grant:

the television and vcr and always on, they aren't triggered. i was just listing everything i have connected. the only gear that is triggered are my two aragon amps.

mike:

my experience is pretty much like your. the voltage is low in the day and higher at night. the voltage does dip a bit with the amps are triggered but only by 1 or 2 volts and then it tends to come back up. thanks for the input.

kevin t