What's new

Voice of An Angel/Tim Jackes scholarship (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
I am so pleased to announce the creation of the Voice of An Angel/Tim Jackes Foundation, a scholarship foundation in memory of my dear sweet son, Tim. This is a non-profit foundation that will issue musical scholarships to deserving students at Aliso Niguel High School, possibly to expand to the entire Capistrano Valley Unified School District. Donations are welcome and are fully tax deductible.

For details about my Tim, please see this thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=175035

The creator of the scholarship and foundation is Ed Leard. Ed's son rode the school bus with my Tim. His son has learning-disability that is akin to autism. In the Lord-of-the-Flies world of high school society, this makes the boy a target. When Tim died, this boy told his father, Ed, that, unlike all of the other kids, Tim always had a kind word for him, always smiled at him, and made room for him on the bus bench. Tim's humanity and early death inspired Ed to act, to create the scholarship in Tim's name.

The scholarship's official web site is under construction, but it should be on-line soon. Check here often:

http://voiceofanangel.org

If you feel inclined to make a fully tax deductible donation, checks can be sent to:

Voice of An Angel/Tim Jackes Foundation
c/o Roundbrix Corporation
28202 Cabot Road, Suite 300
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Thank you all for all of your kindnesses in our time of trial. Thanks to Ron for okaying this blatent plug.

Peace and God bless,

Hugh F Jackes
Always, Tim's loving dad
E-mail: [email protected]

Walt N

Second Unit
That's a great story, Hugh, that something good could come out of something so bad. Your son certainly was a fine young man to treat a target child so well, when it's so much easier to "run with the crowd". That takes courage and character. Awfully nice of Ed to share his son's story with you and act upon it in such a profound way.

Best of luck to you and your family as you work your way through all of this.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
It took a while, but the web site is now mostly complete. The only link that doesn't work (yet) is the link for an assortment of pictures of Tim.

http://voiceofanangel.org

Please go visit if you want to look up the address, read a short bio that I wrote for Tim, or even double check that our tax ID number is legit.

Thank you to all HTF buddies. Bless you for all of your kind thoughts and prayers.

Always, Tim's (and Dennis's) loving dad

--Hugh

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Not to be a nag, but the photos are up now at voiceofanangel.org. I promise I won't point you to this site again.

If you can think of anyone else who might be interested though, please forward

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Still more kindness --

So my bride, Annette, ordered reprints of Tim's last school pictures from a local photo lab for (the photographer had kindly sent us a disk with the the .tif file after hearing of Tim's death -- and yes, the school phographer no longer used film and negatives, all digital). When she went to pick up and pay for the photos (a rather hefty bill), the counterman told her that they were already paid (mind you, Annette hadn't mentioned about Tim to the lab when she dropped the disk off). She asked who had paid, and the counterman looked that information up and replied, "Jessica". It turns out that Jessica is one of the part-time lab employees; she also is a student at Tim's school and had some classes with him. When she saw the reprint order, and the subject of the reprint, she paid for it herself out of her own minimum-wage salary. Annette burst into tears at the photo lab over that kindness.

If you ever think that the whole world is a mean place, or that kids of today are nothing but trouble (dear lord, I sound like my father!), just think of Jessica and let her fill your heart with warmth.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I just took a look at the website. It is quite moving and done very well. I think it is incredibly heart warming that you continue to see the impact that your son had on others. Continued best wishes to you and your family.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Thank you very much for posting this link.

May I suggest you contact your local community foundations for financial support:

Costa Mesa
Oceanside
Riverside more

Community foundations, and various others, are often more than glad to help with seed money for these endeavors. Just call and ask to speak with the director. Make sure to ask if they can recommend anyplace else you can call.

Another consideration is employer gift matching. Since your charity is C3 registered, many employers may offer to match their employees gifts. I will look into my own employer. (though this month is a tough one for me, next looks promising)

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone here. Your story is tragic and inspiring - all at once.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Hugh, I read your first thread when you posted it, and I'm not too sure if I sent my condolences. If I were older, and able to donate, I certainly would donate to this worthy cause. Glad to hear you are making at least some good of such a terrible situation.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Sorry it took so long. I checked my corporate website and they definately do make matching contributions to registered c3 entities up to $2000. Others here may want to check with their employers before contributing. Doubleing $25 to $50 or $75 to $150 is a pretty good deal. I LOVE free money! (even if it isn't for me)

I will get the forms from my HR dept and then post here my pledge and challenge to anyone to match or beat me.

Anyone who pledges the same or more than me will get ten words of their choice on my tag line for all to read forever!

Beware - I plan to set the bar a bit high... (but not so high nobody can match it)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
It is official, I am pledging $150 to the foundation. My employer is matching that. Monday I am going to try to arrange it sent by pay-pal - or else by check.

Anyone who posts a pledge here will get a mention on my sig line under the category of "HTF Cool People". I know - it's not that spectacular of a treat, but it's all I got - and it's for a good cause.

Anyone who plegdes $150 or more can tag whatever (within taste) they want on my sig. "Eric_L is a lame-o" to "Eric_L thinks I am the coolest man alive!"

Of course, some choose to be anonymous. My friends and I are very competitive with our charity work and often compete openly. I hope there are others here who feel the same. But if not, please don't be shy about supporting a good program and a fellow HTF enthusiast.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Hugh, the post regarding the photographs moved me. I hope that things settle down for me a bit financially I would very much like to contribute something.
I know from first hand experience, and appreciate people like your son, I know what its like to be an outcast for something I have no control over, and am thankful that there were people in my life that acted in the same way that Tim acted towards that other young man. You should be very proud of your son.

Take care,
Casey Trowbridge

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Hugh, from the day you started the first thread about Tim passing to just reading this thread, his life and story have really touched me. He sounds like a great kid. My donation is on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.