What's new

Voice distortion (1 Viewer)

tlfmd

Auditioning
Real Name
tom farney
I have been through a lot.
Currently using a Sharp HDTV feeding a McIntosh MX 130 that splits sound in Bose surround fashion to Infinity Kappa 9's and Golden Ear center channel (pair). The Center channel is fed by an AMP ONE (100W) the Infinitys are fed by a MC2600 600w/channel and acoustic research cobalt wires. Dolby on or not, the same.
I have changed TV's (Panasonic before)
I have similar problem with a Samsung UHD series 8 feeding a Parasound amp with optic cable
I cannot for the life of me fix the female voices. Lucy Liu is the worst, but other voices are muffled.
I put a sound equalizer in the center channel to some benefit.
I do not hear this distortion in commercials, DVD, and most streaming. It is most aggravating when the voices of the commercial are crystal clear, but the show's audio is not.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I have been through a lot.
Currently using a Sharp HDTV feeding a McIntosh MX 130 that splits sound in Bose surround fashion to Infinity Kappa 9's and Golden Ear center channel (pair). The Center channel is fed by an AMP ONE (100W) the Infinitys are fed by a MC2600 600w/channel and acoustic research cobalt wires. Dolby on or not, the same.
I have changed TV's (Panasonic before)
I have similar problem with a Samsung UHD series 8 feeding a Parasound amp with optic cable
I cannot for the life of me fix the female voices. Lucy Liu is the worst, but other voices are muffled.
I put a sound equalizer in the center channel to some benefit.
I do not hear this distortion in commercials, DVD, and most streaming. It is most aggravating when the voices of the commercial are crystal clear, but the show's audio is not.

It could be the dvd . It happens a lot if the film is a pirated copy.

tlfmd

Auditioning
Real Name
tom farney
It could be the dvd . It happens a lot if the film is a pirated copy.
So the DVD is wrong because it tends to be clearer?
Read again, its the broadcast audio, mostly network sourced, that is distorted. Ads, local news seem to be much clearer.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Is it any particular channel? It may be the local affiliate's equipment that is FUBAR, meaning there's really nothing you can do about it.

tlfmd

Auditioning
Real Name
tom farney
Most channels, not so much movie channels.. And NOT commercials on any channel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks