VoB dates

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bobby Garfield, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Bobby Garfield

How do you check the VoB dates on a DVD? Sorry for the newbie question.

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I believe you need a DVD-ROM in your computer, then you simply use Windows Explorer (or whatever your system file manager is) to view the dates like any other files.

3. Bobby Garfield

Thanks. I popped it into my DVD-ROM and all of the disc file dates say Jan. 2001, but how do I know which file is the VOB one? (Yeah, I know I sound like a total newb and rube here - I apologize.)

In case you need this info, it's in relation to the old widescreen version of Annie (I didn't want to post this in the Annie thread because it's kinda off-topic and probably would get lost in the shuffle amongst all the rightful rantings about the upcoming botched full-screen-only SE). Apparently, the original widescreen was misframed, but new ones have a VOB date of Jan 2001, so I think I'm safe since all of my Annie disc files list that date, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks a million!

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    VOB files have the ".vob" file extension.

5. Bobby Garfield

Hmmm, for some odd reason, I don't have any files with .vob extensions, just .bup and .ifo - but they all have the Jan. 2001 date that the corrected widescreen Annies are supposed to have, so am I safe?

6. Bobby Garfield

Actually, never mind: For some reason, the .vob extension isn't showing up, but I searched .vob in the disc dir and a bunch of files came up w/ the correct dates. Thanks again for your help and patience. I have to say that this board is AWESOME. Within a minute or two, I had a reply to my topic. Thanks again!

7. SvenS

SvenS Second Unit

If you have windows you probably have hide known file extension enabled. Go into folder option and set it up to show all file extensions.