What's new

Vizio Introduces 80-Inch Smart TV for $4,000 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have the current Denon up on craigslist and Amazon so if it sells then I can use that money towards a new one.

Wouldnt mind an up to date Denon.

Changes to the line I have seen are added fronts High and wide and removal of some surround outs.
Also 4K upscaling, which I probably wont need and 3D pass through.

Oddly it seems that some of the ci Line that was introduced early this year has already been discontinued with less features.
I can get a avr3313ci for $800 and it has all the features of the newer avr3000 version.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
fun stuff! (always fun to upgrade).
Hope it isnt hurting the pocket book too much.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ted Van Duyn said:
Does Vizio have a bad reputation?
The worst reputation of all 2nd tier brands. There are 3rd tier that make better stuff.Although, I would hope Vizio finds a way to throw some semblance of quality into a $4000 product.I'm frankly surprised Vizio(as a brand) is still around. This has to be twice as long as every other brand the guy has brought to market.Anybody remember MAG?That was the first craptastic.Edit:It was MAG, not AOC.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
schan1269 said:
The worst reputation of all 2nd tier brands. There are 3rd tier that make better stuff.Although, I would hope Vizio finds a way to throw some semblance of quality into a $4000 product.I'm frankly surprised Vizio(as a brand) is still around. This has to be twice as long as every other brand the guy has brought to market.Anybody remember MAG?That was the first craptastic.Edit:It was MAG, not AOC.
I find your opinion on Vizio interesting Sam. As such a staunch Onkyo supporter you'll be the first to mention their industry-leading market share and how their AVRs fly off shelves. But when it comes to Vizio, and their same industry-leading market share, it's more about "craptastic" and youre surprised theyre still around. Why the disparity? I only ask because Vizio reviews reflect more their market share and not so much your opinion of craptastic.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The Vizio M line is getting good reviews and word of mouth.

Ted Van Duyn

Stunt Coordinator
At least they haven't had a lawsuit thrown at them like what happened to Samsung. But if there's anything about Vizio that potential buyers of their product may not know, I would like to know as much as possible. I've read good reviews of their products, but I'm open to a second opinion.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
When ever a manufacturer targets the bottom tier of consumers, you will have products that will fail often and early.

Ted Van Duyn

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg Loewen said:
When ever a manufacturer targets the bottom tier of consumers, you will have products that will fail often and early.
And what is the "bottom tier" of consumers? Is there a better alternative to Vizio's 80 TV"?

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Ted Van Duyn said:
And what is the "bottom tier" of consumers? Is there a better alternative to Vizio's 80 TV"?

Heres their "bottom tier" status, according to The Katz anyway...

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-led-tvs/

Heres evidence of their reliability, according to Consumer Reports and JD Power anyway...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2009/05/vizio-the-new-top-selling-lcd-tv-brand-and-a-fairly-reliable-one-too/index.htm

http://store.vizio.com/en-ca/news/vizio-receives-highest-in-customer-satifcation-with-hdtcs-ranking-from-jd-power-and-associates

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Got the tv yesterday. Spent a good portion of last night setting it up and adjusting the video settings. There is a ton of possible settings on this tv. Still a lot of work to do to get it right.Plugged the Directv reviewer and bluray in direct so I could check out some 3D and it looked terrific. Only sampled Oz and a a couple of 3D channels on sat tv. Now need to get a receiver so I can pass through the signal. Looking at the Denon 3313.Appears that Denon released this item this year and it's already discontinued for a newer model and line.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have been using a set of Klipsch rf-3 for about 14 years now. Still going strong.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks