What's new

3D Vizio announces its first consumer 4K TVs, kills all 3D support (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
(Also posted this in the "Display Devices (TVs/Projectors/Screens) section)

Per an update, Visio is pursuing 3D in other types of displays:
Update: A Dolby rep emails: “To clarify, Vizio will continue to pursue glasses-free 3D technology, in collaboration with Dolby and Dolby 3D; Vizio is showcasing a Dolby 3D display at CES this year.”
Update source

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Glasses free will not be for me, i think you get zero pop out with those displays since you need the glasses to get pop out, those displays will all be about depth and into the screen moments, count me completely out if this is the future of 3D.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
FoxyMulder said:
Glasses free will not be for me, i think you get zero pop out with those displays since you need the glasses to get pop out, those displays will all be about depth and into the screen moments, count me completely out if this is the future of 3D.
Having lived with glasses free 3D for two years, I really think you are over reacting to the anticipated uncertainty. I don't see anything wrong in viewing the world in 3D and it is the same with glasses free 3D. The pop-out is there and is the same as viewing the real world with your own eyes. it's just as strong but you have to put in your minds eye an imaginary frame where it would be if you were watching the effect from an active or passive display. Personally I've grown to love it.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
FoxyMulder said:
With a depth of 18 inches and weight of 98 lbs for a 55 inch model, looks like we are going back to the old rear projection TV size.
http://www.izontv.com/products/a3d-55.php

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Vizio the "why pay more?" bargain brand you usually find at the strip-mall stores?

Now, y'see, if SONY announced they were dropping it, I'd be worried. But they won't, so I'm not.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
They use to be only sold at department stores like Walmart, Target, etc., but Best Buy, P.C. Richard and others are now selling them.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Vizio has zero credibility as an electronics company- a lot of their TVs are made with parts from questionable sources that go bad sooner or later. I had their 2010 model TV which was an improvement from my old CRT, but it did have its problems and eventually the frame rate got jerky after a forced firmware update. Vizio then refused to admit there was a problem, but since I had the warranty I got most of my money back and bought a Sharp with active 3D. I wouldn't buy a Vizio toilet paper dispensor at this point!I don't get the whole "forget 3D, now we have 4K" deal- wouldn't 4K WITH 3D be the best? I don't get the problem with glasses either- I wear regular glasses and 3D glasses have never bothered me. If they can make it look just as good without glasses that'd be cool, but I don't see that as a reason not to like 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks