What's new

Vizio 50" M-Series 4K (Going 4K 2 years earlier than planned after DRAT DRAT and DBL DRAT! (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well folks a little backstory. Bought both my new Vizio HDTVs back in 2013-2014. The 70 E-SeriesI got on a Black Friday Special and I did purchase the WalMart Extended Warranty Protection. The 49 M-Series (1080P HD) for our bedroom I got for my birthday back in September 2014 but without the Extended Warranty Protection. Loved them both.

Guess which TV blew a circuit!!

Don't know exactly how it happened yet by my wife and our neighbor confirmed it, the LCD screen on the 49 cracked somehow leaving only about 2/3 a image. Basically impossible to repair without considerable expense. My suspects were a power surge (we have good surge protectors and no storm was in the area), rain blowing in (near a window but no rain that night), my wife's cat (has claws which could damage a screen but that cat never jumps up on that platform, at least we never saw her) or something just plain went kaput. Of course its 1 month out of warranty and no extended.

DRAT DRAT and DOUBLE DRAT!!
====================================================

Anyway I've put on layaway its replacement, the new Vizio 50" 4K M-Series. One inch bigger (for a additional $100) but superior screen image & systems to the 4K 49" Vizio),

I'll keep you all posted on how my first ever 4K set does. And yes, two years earlier than I had planned. (I was waiting for UHD Blu-ray to settle in).

In the meantime, I'm combing the budget to compensate for the $814 I'm shelling out ($698 plus tax, plus of course Extended Warranty Protection for 3 additional years). There went my hoped-for Region-free Blu-ray ($300 Sony 6200 from Bombay Electronics) this Christmas season. And the new storage garage shelving ($100 from Home Depot).
Still have to keep in there the new laptop ($770), no choice on that.
And keep the wife's Caribbean cruise for this coming February (Happy Wife, Happy Life)!!

Here we go 4K, Here we GO!!

UPDATE: Called Vizio. Looks like I can get the 49 repaired if I so desire. Don't know the cost yet but if it's reasonable, might just do it and make a gift of the repaired 49.
Still getting the 4K 50 though.

Vizio_M-Series_50.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks