What's new

Vista Series (1 Viewer)

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
I know the last title to come out under the Vista Series was SIGNS, possibly WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT. Not sure which. Anyway, back to my point. Has anyone heard if or when the next Vista Series title is coming? If so, what is it? Thanks guys.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
After Signs was dubbed a Vista Series, I don't even know what Vista Series stands for anymore. Not that Signs is a bad disc, it's just that it was one disc, came in a keepcase, and didn't have DTS. Bah

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Originally posted by Darren Haycock:
After Signs was dubbed a Vista Series, I don't even know what Vista Series stands for anymore. Not that Signs is a bad disc, it's just that it was one disc, came in a keepcase, and didn't have DTS. Bah

Not to mention it had the single worst instance of macroblocking I've seen on a major studio blockbuster release since 1997...

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Signs didn't have DTS here in R1, but it did in other parts of the world. I was thinking about getting it from London, but then I thought after I rented it, I didn't need to go to that extent, because I thought the movie was OK, but not great. And yes, Roger Rabbit came out after Signs. I too was wondering about the VISTA series dvds. I loved them, but the only one that I didn't get was "Signs".

I feel the same way about the "Superbit" series. I see that Japan has more titles and titles that aren't available here in R1. Doesn't seem fair. I know that some people say that its a way of double-dipping the same title, but other studios have done it as well. Artisan with the "Terminator" series. Especially with T2. MGM has the rights to the first one; and they released it twice. The second released dvd added Dolby EX, while the first one was just remixed to 5.1. I welcome any corrections pertaining to the first Terminator movie. I just remember what I read in ads of magazines and on the forum. Paramount with the Jack Ryan Trilogy. I have to say that I wanted them to release these titles; especially with DTS added! :)

Anyway, I hope more of these special editions of certain movie titles come to fruition. Especially VISTA and Superbit titles. I would consider rebuying them if they made it worth while.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Actually, MGM only put out ONE Terminator DVD, but with two different boxes. The other Terminator DVD was put out by Image years ago, and all versions of MGMs have an EX track.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Well, I have several of the Vista series of discs, and though I like the movies, the DVD's are noted for one thing: human-induced video artifacts, and often lots of them.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I still think Signs was a hiccup in the otherwise excellent output in the Vista Series, and hope that BVHE will release more titles under this banner.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I think they may have abandoned it at this point. We haven't heard a thing about Vista Series in a while. That's a shame, most of the releases have been decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks