What's new

Vista audio stutter (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Back in February I ordered a Dell XPS 420 as discussed in http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...endations.html
Basically from the beginning I sometimes have some audio stutter problems. A file in iTunes or Windows Media Player will stutter for a few seconds and then continue on. I think this happens while I am also looking at a webpage or downloading something. I don't think it has ever stuttered when I've only been listening to something, but I'm not positive about that. I've done some web searches and haven't seen anything that has worked yet. At the moment it is something I can live with, but a couple of times the stuttering hasn't been just a few seconds - it just continued on until I rebooted. This is more disturbing.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? Is there some software fix? Is there any chance that the people at Dell could help?

Thanks,

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just found a Dell Community Forum and it appears that there has been a decent amount of posting there: XPS Desktops - Dell Community Forum
From some of the posts it appears there is some resource conflict between the wireless card and the sound. It sounds weird, but maybe there is a decent solution.

Neil

mylan

Screenwriter
Thanks for the link, I got a XPS 420 in May and I get a video stutter just after I bring it up from sleep mode. It comes up but goes back to black screen for just a sec before it reappears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks