What's new

Visiting Spain, Italy, France and Germany (1 Viewer)

Louis-Olivier

Stunt Coordinator
Hello!

over the next few weeks, i'll be visiting Spain, Italy, France and Germany and i was wondering which dvds are a must buy in these countries?

Thanks

Louis-O

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
For germany I'd say look for the long out of print Neverending story extended cut. For france I'd get Le pacte des loups LE(brotherhood of the wolf). Italy, get Legend of the pianast by the ocean extended cut, and for Spain get Open your eyes or Thesis. Don't worry so much about dvds! Check out the beautiful atmoshpere!

Didier

Agent
Welcome to France
If you take a walk on the Champs-Elysées in Paris, you will find here two shops having a very wide choice of French Zone 2 DVDs : FNAC and VIRGIN (they also have imported Zone 1 DVDs, but this is of course of no interest for you !).
Being from Quebec I suppose that you are perfectly fluent in French, so if you want to have the latest local DVD infos, you may look at : http://www.dvdfr.com or http://www.dvdrama.net They often have comparision reviews between Zone 1 and Zone 2 releases.
Didier.

Louis-Olivier

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Bob, i already knew for Abre Los Ojos but will also look for Thesis.

Didier : I know there's a lot of website dedicated to the subject, but i don't really have time to check them out, so that's why i asked here if there were any dvd essentials.

Does anyone else have subjection?

Thanks

Louis

Didier

Agent
In France you might consider AMELIE (Title in France : "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain"), BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF (Tiltle in France : "Le pacte des loups") and VIDOCQ (to be released on March 20th).

These DVD have not been released in North America yet, the French (zone 2 Pal) releases have DD and DTS 5.1 soundtracks (in french only, no english soundtrack or subtitles), and are in 16:9 widescreen.

VIDOCQ is the first major film having been filmed in HD-Video, ahead of "Star Wars Episode 2".

In France it has been released theatrically in 35mm only. I saw it and found the image quality not very good, but according to early reviews, the DVD image quality is outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks