Visa extended warranty

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricD, Mar 19, 2003.

1. EricD

EricD Auditioning

Has any body purchased an EW from Visa? I was looking at buying a RPTV and would like an EW but they are a little expensive but then I remembered that Visa offers an EW. I looked on their site and they double the original manufacturers warranty for free and offer EWs that are much cheaper than the local stores. Here is a link to the prices for the EWs:
    https://usa.visa.com/visaWarranty/ex...xtwarranty.jsp

I was wondering if anybody has had to use their warranty and if there was any problems with it. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

American Express offers the same thing. I bought my tv using my Amex because of their extended warranty. They are usually very good at taking care of their customers.

3. EricD

EricD Auditioning

Thanks for the reply, how long have you had your tv? Have you used the warranty yet? Hopefully I don't have to use it but it would be nice to know there won't be a problem when I do need it. Hopefully this Saturday I will be the proud new owner of a Hitachi widscreen!!

Eric

4. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

I haven't use the extended warranty.

5. Scott_AH

Scott_AH Stunt Coordinator

This approach always scares me. Anyone who has dealt with a couple manufacturer warranties knows that getting timely service is not always an easy thing to do. Combine with that the idea of contacting a credit card company that has no ties to the service centers local retailers do and I foresee many bad outcomes. Also, you may want to compare what exactly Visa covers compared to a store like Circuit City or Best Buy. Both these retailers cover things like power surges, wear and tear, remotes, and offer in home service free of a trip charge. Manufacture's don't normally offer this and I highly doubt Visa would either. Also, the idea of being able to go to the store you purchased the TV from and speak with someone in person is a lot more appealing than calling Visa and waiting on hold.

Scott

6. ross ish

ross ish Stunt Coordinator

I have used the visa/mastercard twice with great results. In both cases, items were dmg during delivery:

1) Catnapper lounge chair. The seat cushions got ripped. All I needed to do was submit receipt, photo proof and submit estimates for repairs. The CC reimbursed for the dmgs. The pmt went smoothly and pmt was prompt.

2) My subwoofer was dropped in delivery. The cabinet was dmg. Submitted estimate and photos for repairs. The CC sent pmt to cover repairs.

Both instances were handled excellent. No need for registering products.

7. Scott_AH

Scott_AH Stunt Coordinator

So you're telling me they cover accidental damage???

Scott