Virtua Fighter 4 Evolutions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Yee, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Just found this bit of news. I was debating whether to buy XBox or PS2, and this would definitely put me in the XBox camp.

Source: XBox Mayhem

Sega’s last meeting proved to be very interesting as new installments of Sega Rally, Sonic, and House Of The Dead were confirmed. One of the more elusive titles announced at the meeting was Virtua Fighter Evolution. As part of the Xbox Summer Conference 2002 that’s currently being held in Japan, Sega unveiled new details on Virtua Fighter Evolution, most importantly that it’s coming to Xbox. According to Famitsu the upcoming game will be, at its core, a remix of Virtua Fighter 4 with new gameplay modes, Mission and Quest mode. The game will also show off Go Himori and Brand Brurns, two of the newest characters to grace the Virtua Fighter series. All of this was revealed with screenshots and a movie on the side for good measure.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Sega did NOT say it's coming to XBox... It looks likely, but they've yet to formally announce it for any home platform, just the arcades.

If that's changed, I'd love to see the press release! There's a large amount of wishful thinking going on... At E3, the head of the team said they were only working on the arcade version.

Oh - there's also a fatbabies rumour going around saying it was shown on XBox... If any news story is based on that highly dubious message board posting, I'd forget about it straightaway. That news was posted by someone who has been shown to be consistently wrong about his Sega 'inside scoop'.

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Virtua Fighter Evolutions was shown as an arcade game only. Furthermore it was shown at a private show held by Sega/AM2 and not at the X-box Summer Conference. There has been no official confirmation yet that VF4 is coming to the X-box.
    I would take that report with a very big grain of salt.
    Here is an official report from Gamespot on the subject:
    VF4 Evo

4. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    As with most Internet info, many grains of salt taken. But it does give a bit more promise than before.

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Why? Because a XBox fansite posted it as happening? How does that give it /any/ credibility?

A major Nintendo fansite posted the Super Mario's Universe video as being true even after Nintendo denied it & it was proven to be authored by someone else. The web is far from being a reliable source unfortunately - yes, some sites are better at posting the facts than others, but far too many are more concerned with getting the scoop than checking their facts.

6. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I meant promise as in there actually being a VF iteration to bring to the XBox, not the veracity of the report nor the reliability of the site.

7. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Ah, fair enough. VF4Evolution was never really in doubt though as an arcade conversion.

8. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

If you care about VF4 you can get it on the PS2 today, as an exclusive. I wouldn't plan a purchase around wishful murmurs from the unwashed Xbox fanbase. Not that all Xbox fans are unwashed. But so many "rumors" these days are basically the hysterical rantings of some fanboy somewhere. People everywhere start going, "wouldn't that be cool!" and all of a sudden there are "sources"? Right, and Final Fantasy XII is an Xbox exclusive.

9. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

VF Evolutions will be coming to XBox, there is no doubts

Will it not come to PS2? I have no idea, but only VF4 vanilla is exclusive

10. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

11. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Wasn't Loose Cannon orphaned when MS bought Digital Anvil. They cut it loose cause they thought it sucked, didn't they? No one ever picked it back up, did they? [​IMG]