Vinyl to CDR---Helpppppp!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris-C, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Chris-C

Chris-C Stunt Coordinator

Hi Gang;

Well I thought my basic Roxio CD (free with CDR)recorder program would let me transfer some LP's to CDR-BUT in the small print you have to UPgrade to be able to do that-ARRRGHHH.

Ok I upgraded to Roxio CD Creator 5 Platinum,and still can't this Sucker workin.

When I jack in the computer from an anaolog source I can't get the program to record the analog source to my hard drive.

Any tips????
    The analog sound into the computer will play thru my computer speakers so I know the signal is going thru the system,but can't record it hard drive. (repeating myself now).
    System is-HP Laptop Omnibook XE3 thru base station/Pent 3 850mhz.
    Thanks CC

2. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

Hey Chris,

I'm not sure what OS you're using or where your source is plugged in, but I'll assume you're using the line-in on your soundcard.

1. Open up the Volume Control by double-clicking the speaker icon in your system tray.
    2. Go to Options / Properties, and select "Recording" under "Adjust playback for." Make sure "Line-in" is checked in the list below, then click Ok.
    3. You will probably see the "Select" option checked under Microphone. This means that the soundcard will record from the Microphone source. Change this to "Line-in" to record from your line-in source.

Hope this helps!

3. Chris-C

Thanks Chad-You Da Man:

I think that will do it.
    I don't have time to check it out this morning (0400),but will try a recording when I get home from work tonite.

I already went to the properties section,and you were right-the line in section WAS NOT checked,but the mic was.
    Thats why the only recording that it was doing was coming in thru the mic,and sounded like poo!

I unchecked the mic,and checked the line in box-can't wait to try it/

Thanks again
    Chris

4. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

Here's what I use to record.

Media Jukebox to record from analog
    DCart32 to clean it up a bit
    Goldwave to split the songs up into separate files
    And I use Good Ole Nero to burn the audio to CD with 0 seconds of silence to keep the background noise constant, like crackles and stuff. You don't wanna play your LP on CD with music, end of music, crackle, pause with no crackle, then crackle again, and beginning of music. You still wanna feel like your playing that record.

I do NOT recommend Roxio/adaptec software to anyone. I loaded Direct CD when I had Win2k one time and had to reformat my drive because I couldn't get into Win2k again. So, No more adaptec for me. Nero all the way!!!!

5. Chris-C

Thanks for the tip about Nero-Except it's too late!!!!

Already bought the damm Roxio.

Luckily with Chad's help I got the bastard workin tonite-WoHoo

Now have to do some tweakin to get it going the way I want it,and i'll be cookin.

Thanks again

CC Rider