Vinyl record recorded onto cd (computer)

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Neil Joseph, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    What is the best way to get a vinyl record track onto a cd using a computer's hardware and/or software.

I have on board audio on this system with the usual audio in & out jacks.

2. John*Jones

John*Jones Stunt Coordinator

Well, I can't answer that, but I've seen this questions answered many times in the source section of the Head-Fi forums...very serious audiophiles over there. However, I'm sure someone here will chime in as well.

3. Ken Scott

Ken Scott Agent

i recommend getting a Soundblaster audigy card with a live drive. i have an audiy platinum EX and i rocks. it has rca inputs along with a few midi and optical and spdif connections aswell. theres an audigy II platinum EX which is the newest out but there are lower platinum models for less that would be able to do the job perfectly. make sure you get a model with a live drive. as for sofware it comes with a recording program that should do the trick.

4. PhilBoy

PhilBoy Second Unit

Neil,

Use record out jacks on receiver (rca to 1/8 stereo adapter) to audio IN on mainboard.

I had some success using an old version of MusicMatch which would let you select line IN for live recording.

16 bit wav recording will allow cd compatible wav files for writing to cd-r.

MM also allows you to split and tag files during recording, but use an older version.

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Neil,

Do a search on this forum for "vinyl". Lots of stuff will come up. [​IMG]