What's new

Vinyl record recorded onto cd (computer) (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What is the best way to get a vinyl record track onto a cd using a computer's hardware and/or software.

I have on board audio on this system with the usual audio in & out jacks.

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I can't answer that, but I've seen this questions answered many times in the source section of the Head-Fi forums...very serious audiophiles over there. However, I'm sure someone here will chime in as well.

Ken Scott

Agent
i recommend getting a Soundblaster audigy card with a live drive. i have an audiy platinum EX and i rocks. it has rca inputs along with a few midi and optical and spdif connections aswell. theres an audigy II platinum EX which is the newest out but there are lower platinum models for less that would be able to do the job perfectly. make sure you get a model with a live drive. as for sofware it comes with a recording program that should do the trick.

PhilBoy

Second Unit
Neil,

Use record out jacks on receiver (rca to 1/8 stereo adapter) to audio IN on mainboard.

I had some success using an old version of MusicMatch which would let you select line IN for live recording.

16 bit wav recording will allow cd compatible wav files for writing to cd-r.

MM also allows you to split and tag files during recording, but use an older version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks