What's new

vinyl enthusiasts: turntable information request (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
http://www.needledoctor.com/app/site...ategory.351/.f

Music Hall mmf-2 or mmf-5 (269 or 449 dollars respectively) will both be excellent tables. The MMF-5 is defintely much better, but if you can only get to the 2 it still will be excellent, and be much better than the budget Denon. These prices are with tonearm and cartridge, too! They do have Denon's here, mostly the better wood base ones. Excellent turntables in themselves.

Jack Keck

Second Unit
Kevin,

YOu have an excellent system. I have no doubt that your current sources sound great. A good vinyl rig can sound great, too, but the piece you saaw at Crutchfield will not likely be a match for your other equipment. A good tt is an absolute necessity. A good cartridge and arm, if it's not included with the table, aren't a bad idea, either.

Look at it this way. Would you consider using a portible transistor radio for a tuner in your present system? This tt wouldn't be all that much better.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
thanks for all the input, guys (and gal). i think for now, i'll hold off until i can afford a better turntable. i'm thinking that the music hall mmf-5 will be a good intro piece. i'll just have to stop myself from going crazy buying vinyl once i do purchase the turntable. i'll just have to keep it to the necessities *crosses fingers*. thanks again!!!

kevin t

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Kevin, when the time comes I would look for a used Rega P3. The Rega arms are a bargain and are used on many expensive TT's. They are plug and play and sound excellent.

I also recommend either a Dynavector MC cart or Clearaudio Aurum Beta-s cart with the money you would save buying a used TT. You would be satisfied for a while and this setup would definitely get you involved in vinyl, bigtime!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks