Vintage TV Series You Want To See The BD Treatment?

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I want Hawaiian Eye in Blu-ray so I can see the back projections of the palm trees and sunsets with the guest stars in the foreground. That would look so fantastic! :D
That's what I'm dreading if/when Constantly Being Stalled ever gets around to the last couple of seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies on DVD. The Washington D.C., Silver Dollar City, and New York City episodes all used the back projection extensively and it's evident even on fuzzy VHS tapes.

Reactions: Flashgear

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
From CBS:
I Love Lucy with all of the original network broadcast versions
The Lucy Show (they would still need to xfer season 4 to HD).
Our Miss Brooks (unfortunately syndicated cuts).

When I was working on the Lucy Show DVD sets, I was told that CBS was unsure of the legal issues with releasing Our Miss Brooks and were unwilling to do the legwork to clear it. They mentioned the Al Lewis estate and I think one other entity that I can't recall.
That being said, if they leased it to another company like Classicflix or Kino, maybe they could get it out.

I would also love one of these companies (or SFM themselves) to release The Danny Thomas Show aka Make Room for Daddy. HD masters already exist for Seasons 4 thru 11. Seasons 5 and 6 are streaming on Netflix. I can't stand the widescreen versions on COZI TV!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wombat