What's new

Vintage Television Soundtrack Corner (1 Viewer)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Find one of my favorite playlists that I created from the WEST set.

W3 SHORES BEST
ECCENTRICS: Gargoyle / Nothing Except Die / Small Wager 2:53
ECCENTRICS: Mighty Titan / The Crown 2:45
ECCENTRICS: Central Hall / Hangin' Around 3:36
ECCENTRICS: Juarez's Place / Your Servant 1:56
FIREBRAND: Run, West, Run/O'Reilly's Plan 2:50
FIREBRAND: The Trip/Pressure Point 5:01
FIREBRAND: Explosion 2:10
FIREBRAND: O'Reilley's Dream 2:34

Total Time: 24 minutes

Would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on a Richard Shores (and Morton Stevens and Bruce Broughton and Don B. Ray) collection of HAWAII FIVE-O scores someday, but I believe there may be some kind of legal wrangle with the Leonard Freeman estate and CBS on this.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Find one of my favorite playlists that I created from the WEST set.

W3 SHORES BEST
ECCENTRICS: Gargoyle / Nothing Except Die / Small Wager 2:53
ECCENTRICS: Mighty Titan / The Crown 2:45
ECCENTRICS: Central Hall / Hangin' Around 3:36
ECCENTRICS: Juarez's Place / Your Servant 1:56
FIREBRAND: Run, West, Run/O'Reilly's Plan 2:50
FIREBRAND: The Trip/Pressure Point 5:01
FIREBRAND: Explosion 2:10
FIREBRAND: O'Reilley's Dream 2:34

Total Time: 24 minutes

Richard Shores’ score for “The Night of the Eccentrics” was so good that its action-packed cue entitled “Mighty Titan” was tracked down to season 3 (see “The Night of the Legion of Death”) and even used for the official CBS season 2 promo trailer.

The CBS Season 2 Promo
Notice the veiled refence to the main titles from Gunsmoke during the showdown between Jim and Artie!

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Twilight Zone remains my holy grail, however comments from LaLaLand suggest it's probably not going to happen for some arcane reason (the master tapes being locked up at UCLA is my guess).

Joel,

if you're referring to the '59-'64 series, the original soundtrack collection was released on CD about 20 years ago.
I have it and its great listening.

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Joel,

if you're referring to the '59-'64 series, the original soundtrack collection was released on CD about 20 years ago.
I have it and its great listening.

I own it too but it's not complete despite the fact it's a 4-CD set from Silva.
There are a lot of missing Herrmann ("Eye of the Beholder", "Little Girl Lost", "Living Doll", "Ninety Years Without Slumbering"), Goldsmith ("The Four of Us Are Dying", "Nightmare as a Child") and Steiner ("Mute", "Miniature", "I Dream of Genie", "The Bard") and many others.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I own it too but it's not complete despite the fact it's a 4-CD set from Silva.
There are a lot of missing Herrmann ("Eye of the Beholder", "Little Girl Lost", "Living Doll", "Ninety Years Without Slumbering"), Goldsmith ("The Four of Us Are Dying", "Nightmare as a Child") and Steiner ("Mute", "Miniature", "I Dream of Genie", "The Bard") and many others.

I wish that one had it all! I'm sure, however, that you've been enjoying what is on there.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Yeah that Silva set (which is long OOP and incredibly hard to find these days) was just the old suites from the 80s Varese lps in one spot. It's far from complete and the Varese assemblies are out of order and omit certain tracks. Desperately needs a new release but as CBS donated their music library to UCLA in the Decade since those transfers were made, it seems like a longshot.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
The problem with vintage television soundtracks is it's very rare so if you don't grab them when it's freshly released,
it's gone or it becomes an expensive merchandise for speculators.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The problem with vintage television soundtracks is it's very rare so if you don't grab them when it's freshly released,
it's gone or it becomes an expensive merchandise for speculators.

Kind of like Disney threatening to put certain of their classics back in the vault unless they're snapped up within a very limited time?

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
So with much of the CBS music library at UCLA, that kinda puts the brakes on any possible release of future CBS series soundtrack releases...too bad.

Last edited:

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Years ago I bought these five vinyl albums:

TZV1.jpg

TZV2.jpg

TZV3.jpg

TZV4.jpg

TZV5.jpg

Later on I found two CD volumes that combined the "best" of these into longer discs.

Since then, I've needledropped these LPs onto CD for ease of access.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks