What's new

Vintage Television Soundtrack Corner (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, from the sixties there are:

Gunsmoke
Bonanza
I Dream of Jeannie
Bewitched
Gilligan's Island
Virginian

Does anyone think those sixties series deserve a soundtrack release?

James

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I do own the old GNP Crescendo CD and still love it. I also own the old Voyage CD by GNP too.

Find the cover of the old GNP Crescendo CD.

voyagecd.jpg

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

Gunsmoke
Bonanza
I Dream of Jeannie
Bewitched
Gilligan's Island
Virginian

James

Gunsmoke really deserves a first-rate CD release but it is a long-running series and that's a commercial issue.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
I'm still waiting for my copy of Voyage to arrive here in the UK. Eight days so far. It's taking forever to leave LA. What do you make of this guys.? Here is the last few entries on my UPS track list. It seems to have left LA twice??

July 7, 202009:06LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
July 6, 202012:53LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATESDEPARTED
July 5, 202019:25LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATESARRIVED

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for my copy of Voyage to arrive here in the UK. Eight days so far. It's taking forever to leave LA. What do you make of this guys.? Here is the last few entries on my UPS track list. It seems to have left LA twice??

I've had that double arrival or departure a number of times before so I'd guess it's just some USPS weirdness than a problem.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

Gunsmoke
Bonanza
I Dream of Jeannie
Bewitched
Gilligan's Island
Virginian

James

Jeannie, especially in the color years, had AMAZING music. I love the themes Hugo Montenegro created for Dr. Bellows and the NASA shots. Really great stuff. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

USPS is very slow because of the COVID. Unless it's priority or express, stuff takes a little more time. My second try is "in transit" and should "arrive on time" but I haven't seen it move in two days. As long as it gets here.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Gunsmoke
Bonanza
I Dream of Jeannie
Bewitched
Gilligan's Island
Virginian

James

Any other unreleased television scores I missed?

==james

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Batman, The Green Hornet, 12 O'Clock High, Hawaii Five-O (which did start in the 60's), The Outer Limits season 2...
Outer Limits season 2 doesn't count. I'm only including shows that had NO regular soundtrack score release. I think Hawaii 5 0 did have have one LP come out.

--James

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
SOUNDTRACK ESSENTIAL LIST
Stoney Burke (see the connection to The Outer Limits)​
The Time Tunnel (see the connection to Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea)​
Mannix (see the connection to Mission: Impossible)​
Gunsmoke (see the connection to The Wild Wild West)​
Hawaii Five-O (see the connection to The Wild Wild West)​

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Outer Limits season 2 doesn't count. I'm only including shows that had NO regular soundtrack score release. I think Hawaii 5 0 did have have one LP come out.

--James

Oh it totally counts, for me anyway. Different composer altogether, different sound, might as well have been a different show. Hawaii Five-O also had that LP released on CD.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
USPS is very slow because of the COVID. Unless it's priority or express, stuff takes a little more time. My second try is "in transit" and should "arrive on time" but I haven't seen it move in two days. As long as it gets here.

Yeah, same here. Still on the 2nd try as 'Departed Los Angeles (en-route to UK), but that last tracking entry was on the 7th July so no updates for three days now. Thing is for me, I have no idea whether it's actually left LA or whether it did leave on the 2nd departure and has landed at a UK airport where Royal Mail takes over from USPS in terms of tracking. Nothing on the Royal Mail tracking side either yet.

I don't mind the wait due to the circumstances it's just the not knowing where the package actually is due to no tracking updates. I hope it's not damaged when it arrives.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mine arrived this morning.

I took the package from the carrier myself.

It seemed a little thin and light.

I opened it up.

It was a single empty case.

I am frigging cursed when it comes to Voyage.

Waiting to hear back, I'm sure they'll make it right, but jeez, you can't make this stuff up.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Whaaaaat,..oh crikey, I'm sorry to hear this. Your first one that was sent out was misdelivered wasn't it and LLL sent you out another one? So could you tell the package had been tampered with? If not, how did a single empty case get into the packaging?

This is what is worrying me and I have every right to be despite the delays due to Covid. Could be some bad eggs out there taking advantage of the chaos and packages either going missing or tampered with. I wonder what LLL will make of your situation now.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yup, that was me, the misdelivered guy. The package was very securely wrapped. I'm thinking someone who was getting a replacement case just received the Voyage soundtrack. I sent them a picture of it, because this is just too insane for words.

Weeks....I'm the biggest Voyage fan I know and I'm undergoing torture here. :D

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
It's obvious as to what happened... Dr. Gamma sent an enemy agent to make a low-altitude parachute drop to replace your usual mailman with an impostor who would switch your package with one containing an empty case.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Third time lucky for you hopefully.

As for me,..my CD is on a Voyage To Nowhere at the moment and I have no idea where it is due to lack of tracking info. I only hope that it arrives in one piece before the Limited Edition runs out. I don't want a refund, I want my Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea. :)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am frustrated, but the first time was in no way LLL's fault. Even the tracking says it reached me and they still sent me a replacement. This time...just a labeling mixup, I imagine. I was pissed when I opened it, but honestly, stuff happens and they're firing off yet another priority with a huge apology. I look at it this way: by the time everyone else is tired of theirs I'll just be getting mine. It's all good. I hope yours arrives soon. I wouldn't worry about it selling out that quickly. Although, as someone who would love volume two, I hope it doesn't sit around too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks