ScottRE

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Mission: Impossible was pretty comprehensive. Every episode with an original score was represented. It's just not complete, ala Star Trek and Lost in Space.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea excites me no end, I've been waiting for the music to get an expanded release of music for decades. Sadly, Fox wasn't able to dig up anything from the first season other than the pilot and the main theme music. Hopefully, if this sells well enough to warrant a second volume, something will be discovered in the interim. NVE00069.jpg NVE00101.jpg

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

Jeff Flugel

Effects Supervisor
Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea excites me no end, I've been waiting for the music to get an expanded release of music for decades. Sadly, Fox wasn't able to dig up anything from the first season other than the pilot and the main theme music. Hopefully, if this sells well enough to warrant a second volume, something will be discovered in the interim.
Yes, hopefully we will get a volume two, and more of the first season music will come to light before then. Unlike you, Scott, the more sober first season is my favorite of the show...though I tend to agree with you that the better music comes in the later seasons.

JohnHopper

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hopper
Yes, hopefully we will get a volume two, and more of the first season music will come to light before then. Unlike you, Scott, the more sober first season is my favorite of the show...though I tend to agree with you that the better music comes in the later seasons.

Let's just hope that volume 2 will feature the work of composer Harry Geller who let some season 4 scores.​
Geller's name is familiar to fans of The Wild Wild West and Gunsmoke.​

ScottRE

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I absolutely agree that the better performances and more mature plots come in the first year. When it's good, it's the best work Irwin Allen ever did. Some episodes are among the best SF TV of the era. I just find the second season a lot more fun. And I really - REALLY - love the Flying Sub. NVE00252.jpg

Jeff Flugel

Effects Supervisor
Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel

Picked both of these up in the recent LaLa Land sale. While I'm enjoying the Jonny Quest release, the real winner for me is the Quinn Martin Collection. It's just packed with fabulously funky music. While I'm not overly impressed by Lalo Schifrin's music for Most Wanted (though it, too, has some good cues), the other stuff is great. I fully expected to love Goldsmith's Barnaby Jones pilot score, and Dave Grusin's Dan August scores...but the real surprise has been just how enjoyable John Parker's Cannon scores have been. Been playing this set all week, and loving it!

JohnHopper

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hopper

Picked both of these up in the recent LaLa Land sale. While I'm enjoying the Jonny Quest release, the real winner for me is the Quinn Martin Collection. It's just packed with fabulously funky music. While I'm not overly impressed by Lalo Schifrin's music for Most Wanted (though it, too, has some good cues), the other stuff is great. I fully expected to love Goldsmith's Barnaby Jones pilot score, and Dave Grusin's Dan August scores...but the real surprise has been just how enjoyable John Parker's Cannon scores have been. Been playing this set all week, and loving it!

Jeff Flugel

Effects Supervisor
Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Oh yeah, that's a killer track! Listened to both CDs again today. Great stuff, very happy with this purchase.

It's not from LaLa Land, but I've just ordered the older Film Score Monthly release of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Volume 1, another 2 CD set loaded with swinging '60s spy scores.

JohnHopper

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hopper

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
I'm still waiting for my Voyage CD soundtrack to arrive from LLL. They shipped it last Monday and it's been in transit ever since. No updates from either the US or UK side when tracking as of yet so I have no idea if it's actually left the US or landed here in the UK. Probably a backlog with all that's been going on lately.

I'm so excited to get this in my hands and will look good next to all the other LLL Irwin Allen CD soundtracks. I've even kept my box-set from GNP Cresecendo they released many years ago. The Time Tunnel next - maybe??

I still hold out for music from the 1966 Batman TV series. LLL said the music is available but a lot of it repetitive so they are in no rush to release anything which I find a shame. All I have is the CD currently available with a few tracks and dialogue.

Last edited:

ScottRE

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Mine took awhile to get from point A to wherever it landed (misdelivered and we're working on it - oy). You'l probably have it in a few days.

Rest assured, LLL, Jeff Bond and Neil Bulk are WELL aware of the desire for The Time Tunnel (they're fans, too) and I'm sure the release of that series' music - and a volume 2 of Voyage - will be helped along by how well this set sells.

Real Name
Ian K McLachlan
Good to know. I have invested in the excellent Lost in Space, Land of the Giants and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea releases. And The Time Tunnel would complete the set.

JohnHopper

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hopper
Rest assured, LLL, Jeff Bond and Neil Bulk are WELL aware of the desire for The Time Tunnel (they're fans, too) and I'm sure the release of that series' music - and a volume 2 of Voyage - will be helped along by how well this set sells.

Hoping to get a Time Tunnel CD release. The pilot score by John Williams is fabulous.

Jeff Flugel

Effects Supervisor
Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Mine took awhile to get from point A to wherever it landed (misdelivered and we're working on it - oy). You'l probably have it in a few days.

Has the Post Office finally tracked down your VTTBOTS soundtrack and gotten it to you, Scott?

ScottRE

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Hoping to get a Time Tunnel CD release. The pilot score by John Williams is fabulous.
Do you have the old GNP Crescendo release? It covers a lot of the pilot score. There is so much great music throughout the series. Also a lot of fine Fox film scores were reused. Garden of Evil, The Young Lions (Which Intrada just put out in its complete form), Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Last Wagon, King of the Khyber Rifles and more. If you can track those down, you can get a good overview of the music.

ScottRE

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Sadly, no. :mellow: However, LaLa Land's amazing customer service has fired off another which - if all goes well - should arrive by this Saturday. Thanks for checking in!
UPDATE: Friday. This one is moving a little faster than the first try. I would love to have this by the weened so I can shut out the wold and enjoy it.

JohnHopper

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hopper
Do you have the old GNP Crescendo release? It covers a lot of the pilot score. There is so much great music throughout the series. Also a lot of fine Fox film scores were reused. Garden of Evil, The Young Lions (Which Intrada just put out in its complete form), Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Last Wagon, King of the Khyber Rifles and more. If you can track those down, you can get a good overview of the music.

I do own the old GNP Crescendo CD and still love it. I also own the old Voyage CD by GNP too.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxyBaxy