What's new

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: Vineland

Genre: Drama, Comedy

Director: Paul Thomas Anderson

Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Joaquin Phoenix, Regina Hall, Viggo Mortensen, Rachael Taylor

Plot: Vineland, a zone of blessed anarchy in northern California, is the last refuge of hippiedom, a culture devastated by the sobriety epidemic, Reaganomics, and the Tube. Here, in an Orwellian 1984, Zoyd Wheeler and his daughter Prairie search for Prairie's long-lost mother, a Sixties radical who ran off with a narc.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, supposedly, this is warming up to start filming this summer. The second Pynchon novel he is going to bring to the screen. They are supposedly still trying to cast a key role of a teenage girl that is proficient in martial arts. It likely will be someone we don't know. However, if the rest of that cast list is real, this will be a helluva film.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It feels like Joaquin Phoenix is in every upcoming film (this film, Napoleon, Beau is Afraid, Joker 2, ...)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It feels like Joaquin Phoenix is in every upcoming film.

Yeah, honestly, I don't know if the cast list there has been set. I would not be surprised if he is in this, it is just that I have not seen confirmation of that cast. I am guessing nearly every actor would say yes to being in an Anderson picture and the two have a relationship so, it could be he is in this. I think some confirmation will probably come soon because it is supposed to shoot this summer. So, there must be some cast that is already locked in.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks