Vincent Price- Last Man on Earth available in widescreen?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis_W, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I've been trying to find a DVD of Vincent Price's the Last Man on Earth that is widescreen and have had no luck. The film is 2.35:1 but the only disc I've found was a cheap one that included a widescreen version of House on Haunted Hill (original not the crappy remake obviously) but a bad pan and scan of LMOE. Does anyone know of any versions out that I may have missed or future plans for the title? Thanks in advance.

2. JeffMc

JeffMc Supporting Actor

jeffmc
    It's available in all it's widecreen glory on the bargain DVD called "Great Bloodsucking Vampire Movies". You also get 'Satanic Rites of Dracula' and 'The Devil Bat'. The DVD is pretty cheap and worth it for LMOE alone.

3. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

I second that recommendation. The widescreen transfer is ported over from the OOP laserdisc, but for the price, I'm not complaining.

4. Matthew Kiernan

Matthew Kiernan Stunt Coordinator

I sold my LD last year when I'd heard that MGM was planning on releasing LAST MAN ON EARTH and PANIC IN YEAR ZERO (it's companion feature on the LD) on DVD last year. I can't complain about how much I got for them ($100!) but it would be nice if they got them back out on the market again.

5. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Thanks for the great news on the widescreen edition. If the MGM deal holds out I might wait for that too, plus that's awesome about Panic in Year Zero coming soon too.

6. Sean Dayton

Sean Dayton Stunt Coordinator

Also check out the Vincent Price and friends boxset. It has the best offering currently for Last Man on Earth.

7. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

I don't recall MGM saying that they were planning on releasing The Last Man On Earth and Panic In The Year Zero. When and where did they say this? [​IMG]

If true, then it's great news!

Gordy

8. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

I just ordered the Great Bloodsucking Vampire Movies disc. With a GC I had lying around, I paid a whopping $2.98 for it. Even a fuzzy widescreen LAST MAN is worth that!