What's new

Vince! Your Services Are Needed Again! (Total Movie DVD Covers) (1 Viewer)

Andy_S

Second Unit
I hope you have a subscription to the new Total Movie. I received my copy yesterday and a cover for the DVD is needed!
Thanks,
Andy
------------------
Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Ahhh- I thought maybe someone was going to ask me to close a thread!
smile.gif

What I think might be best for the new Total movie DVDs would be to just take the little folder cover INSIDE DVD included and make it so that it fits in a keepcase with a similat spine to the previous volumes.
I actually planned to do that for mine personally- but the damn tape they used to hold it together took off some of the print on mine.
If anyone wants to scan the INSIDE DVD fold over that came ith the DVD and email/post it (scanned at 300dpi 200% size)- I'd be happy to put together some trimmings to make it work for a keepcase.
I don't think I'll be doing full on from scratch covers like I did before- I'm just too busy now to spend 2-3 days on it- and the DVDs aren't really all that great anymore anyway!
So, again- I'd be happy to make a deluxe keepcase version of the regular inside DVD cover- if someone would be so kind as to get some scans for me.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna trade DVDs with me?? Click here

Andy_S

Second Unit
That's alright. Don't bother. I'm not sure I'll be keeping these DVD's. You're right about the quality not being the same. Did you also notice the mag itself has some problems? This issues shows the top 25 (I think) movies that are not on DVD yet. They had "The Right Stuff" in the top 10. This movie has been on DVD since '97!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yep, the mag has always been bordering on toilet paper iMHO, but the DVDs were always at least decent- I am a big fan of new outlets for good short films, which I had hoped TM might offer...
The magazine is just offensive most of the time, the writing is juvenile and there aren't really any articles; just those comparison tables that Details made popular in the early 90's and a few article-ettes which are less than 500 words.
I thought about buying a copy of The Right Stuff and sending it to them.
Way to research guys.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna trade DVDs with me?? Click here

brentl

Senior HTF Member
What's worse is the fact that retail buyers don't get the DVD, and buying a subcription is dumb with hat happened last time.
Brent L

Users who are viewing this thread