What's new

Vin Diesel lobbying hard for the part in KING CONAN. Info inside (1 Viewer)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
do you think he will compose the music again, like he did for Conan the Barbarian?
I would not have it any other way. That soundtrack is largely what gave Conan such a great sword and sorcerery feel. Conan just does not work without Basil's score.

Richard WWW

Stunt Coordinator
Here's the deal, imo.:

Vin Diesel is an actor who happens to have an athletic build.

The Rock is an athlete who happens to want to be in movies.

that's just my take on it. I would much rather see Diesel in the part, rather than the Rock.

todd stone

Screenwriter
It appears the ROCK is in fact NOT going to do the movie now. Unless this article is a joke.
http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/125.htm
Empire Online bumped into The Rock in London:
The Rock: I can honestly say that "King Conan" is not going to happen.' The Rock said on his behalf before completely skirting the issue to talk about his new movie. "We did close a deal with Universal for Helldorado, an action comedy with Seann William Scott. We'll be filming that in a couple of months, but no King Conan. There'll be someone else who can play [Arnie's] son, but not me."
Although the Rock confesses he will not be Kon (Milius' decision and not Duane's) we still wonder if Arnold will talk the Rock into a smaller role in the barbarian epic. Sure no Kon but deep down we already knew that. John Milius may like The Rock too but he will be damned if he lets his epic script and casting vision be reduced to Hollywood glorification. But will The Rock still play King Conan's bodyguard - a much better suited role?

JohnE

Supporting Actor
God I hope this is so. I really like Diesel for some reason. Just let it be as good as the original. I've seen that movie about 50 times and still enjoy it.

Shaun

Second Unit
Does that mean that Vin Diesel will actually have hair in the movie, or will he still be bald? I just can't picture the guy with hair:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks