1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Vikings Fans unite - Complain here!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Silla, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Michael Silla

Michael Silla Second Unit

This once proud Viking fan has received his final, crushing death blow.

Lions 27 Vikings 24

I never got to watch this game (Thank the Lord) but after this season I may have to rethink my long standing Viking loyalty. Been a natural fan all my life but it seems each year this team has become harder to stomach. I find myself longing for the 98/99 (or was it 99/00?....) season when they were 15-1 and ever so close to Superbowl glory.....

But I digress. With all this talent, you'd think that they would be where the Bears are now, not Vica Versa. Ahhh yes, it's the new and improved NFL. This team reminds me of the New York Rangers of a couple of years ago. They had Big Money + Lots o' Talent with NO results. These Vikings are making that team look like the New York Yankees.

Is it time for Dennis Green to go?. I know he has had a see-saw relationship with the fans of Minnesota over the years but perhaps it is his time.

Michael.

2. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

If you're a real fan you must never question your loyality. I lived in Minneapolis for 5 years and rooted for the Vikes. But at heart growing up in New York City, I am a Giant fan. Both teams have disappointed this year. You've got to stick with your team through good times and bad times. There's always NEXT YEAR!
    [​IMG]
    P.S. It's always easy to blame the coach. In this instance he may become the fall guy. But the real disruptive force on the team is Randy Moss. He has still not grown up. He has amazing talent, but doesn't play full out on every play. With all the money he's getting I doubt the Rams can trade him.

3. Chris Maynard

Chris Maynard Supporting Actor

This year is painful for us Vikings fans...
    [​IMG]

4. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

When your a true Vikings fan you expect disappointment each year and you continue to support them even though it crushes your spirit. Its been 30 years now that I've supported them (yep even when I was in Grade 1 cause my dad is a life long fan).

I just didn't expect the disappointment to happen until the playoffs. But, since they weren't going to make the playoffs its better that they lose these games and secure a top pick and get a decent rush end or top cover back. At least Moss has decided to play.

Patrick

5. TomF

TomF Stunt Coordinator

I try to look at the bright side. Yes, it was embarassing to lose to the Lions. But they made a decent comeback during the third quarter with an inexperienced quarterback. I think to some degree it's a year of rebuilding after losing Robert Smith and several other key players. I can forgive the lackluster performance this season but will expect a lot more next year, especially with Moss (yes, he does need an attitude adjustment). I'm not sure what to think about Green. I believe they will stick with him.

6. Jin E

Jin E Second Unit

Q. What's the difference between the Minnesota Vikings & the Taliban?

A. The Taliban has a running game

Q. How do the Minnesota Vikings count to 10?

A. 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 0-7, 0-8, 0-9, 0-10

Q. What do the Minnesota Vikings & Billy Graham have in common?

A. They both can make 60,000 people stand up & yell "Jesus Christ" !

Q. How do you keep a Minnesota Vikings out of your yard?

A. Put up goal posts

Q. Where do you go in Minnesota in case of a tornado?

A. To the Metrodome - they never get a touchdown there!

Q. What do you call a Minnesota Vikings with a SuperBowl ring?

A. A thief

Q. Why was Denny Green upset when the Minnesota Vikings playbook was stolen?

A. Because he hadn't finished coloring it.

Q. What's the difference between the Minnesota Vikings and a dollar bill?

A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar

Q. How many Minnesota Vikings does it take to win a Superbowl?

A. Nobody knows and we may never find out!

Q. What do you call 47 people sitting round a TV watching the SuperBowl?

A. Minnesota Vikings

Q. What do the Minnesota Vikings and possums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road

Q. How can you tell when the Minnesota Vikings are going to run the football?

A. The back leaves the huddle with tears in his eyes.

7. Michael Silla

Michael Silla Second Unit

"Q. How can you tell when the Minnesota Vikings are going to run the football?

A. The back leaves the huddle with tears in his eyes. "

hehehe....I love this one. Thanks Jin.

Michael.

8. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I think Dennis Green is to blame for alot of the teams woes. He may have a good knack for drafting players, but he is terrible at getting them to play together. Minnesota has lacked chemistry, even in their 15-1 season. Alot of individuals but no team. Plus, Green still believes he is the smartest coach in the league. How many times have you seen his team mismanage the clock or seen questionable play-calling by the coaches? It happens in every game that is close. Denny seems to be grasping at some invisible result, something that he could shove in everyone's face and prove that he made the correct choice. And time and time again, it has blown up in HIS face. He just keeps making mental errors that cost his team points and victories.

Bruce

9. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

Randy Moss is a cancer on the team. He must be surgically removed after this season. Trade him for a linebacker who knows how to tackle.
    I lost interest in the Vikings after the fourth game of the season. At least I have my Sunday afternoons free this fall. [​IMG]

10. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

It's safe to say this season is a wash. I can come to terms with that. Each loss brings us closer to a better first round draft pick. I like Bennett. I do like Moss, but I think we shouldn't rely on him so much. I'd like to see another quick WR to complement Moss. I do like Daunte. The defense needs a lot of tweaking. PURPLE PRIDE! GO VIKES!

11. Jonathan Lofgren

Jonathan Lofgren Stunt Coordinator

I would like my chance to complain about the Vikings. I can't believe how they seem to dissapoint every year. It seems that they don't manage the clock all that well and their defense has been suspect in recent years.
    With that said, I still like them and their chances in the future. I think Dennis Green is a good coach and I think they played reasonably well considering all of the stuff that's gone on. They lost their running back who was just establishing himself as one of the top rushers in the game. They also lost most of their offensive line. I like Bennet, but he needs time to develop, and an offensive line.
    This lack of a running game put more pressure on the passing game. It became known that the Vikings couldn't run so teams just double and triple teamed Randy Moss and the Vikings couldn't do much. Then, as if the defense wasn't bad enough, they lost Robert Griffith, who was their top defensively player. Their secondary became somewhat of a sieve and their offense couldn't score as well as they were accustomed.
    Robert Griffith came back just in time for Daunte Culpepper to get hurt. Oh, well. This season is a lost and so now every loss is just another spot up in the draft. Hopefully they can get some new players on their defensive side. They still have the best receivers in the game(IMHO), a great, mobile quarterback, and a promising running back. If they can improve their defense, watch out next year. [​IMG]

12. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

I am not so sure the Vikes and especially Danny Green is as bad as you fans think. The league is so balance now it's hard to just mow teams over, every single slight mishap is maginified. I don't think anybody would have guessed the COlt's can be in such a sorry state and the Ravens would loss to the Browns, not once, but twice.
    In the Bay Area here, whenever we have any sports team that are doing subpar, we always have the Warriors to kick around (well, they are not as bad as the Warriors[​IMG] ). For those that do not follow NBA, the Golden States Warriors holds the record of no payoff appearance in 7 consecutive years (and counting), and as unlike other sports, just about EVERYBODY in NBA goes to the playoff, 7 years and going is quite an accomplishment. BTW, the Warriors also are in serious contention for the most turnover with coaches in NBA history, they are in second place now, with 7 coaches in 6 seasons (canning Danny is not likely the solution).

13. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

As a not so distant bystander (being from another NFC Central city), I think the Vikings' prospects for next year are not much better. Culpepper's contract is up, so he will probably command $8m - $10m under the salasry cap next season. That means that two players (Moss being the other) will eat up about a third of Minnesota's cap money. Also, Cris Carter has talked of retiring -- if he leaves, they will be losing a team leader and one of the few people the Randy Moss would listen to. If you think Moss is bad now, what will he be like without Carter around?
    The offensive line is a mess, and Michael Bennett has not proven himself worthy of being a first round pick. He may be another overrated Wisconsin Badger (ala Ron Dayne and Aaron Gibson). Will the Vikings have enough cap room to fix the offensive line and go after a real running back like Ricky Watters?
    Just think, Vikings fans. Minnesota gave both Detroit and Carolina their only wins this season. [​IMG]

14. Janna S

Janna S Second Unit

I will be a Vikings fan, and ever hopeful, until the day I die no matter what their record. Hell, it was good enough for my parents (of course they both died already).

15. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

The Sporting News wbesite mentioned that Randy Moss took himself out of the game on the Vikings final drive against Detroit on Sunday. Can any of the Minnesota fans here confirm this?

16. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

Maybe all the fans should get together and buy Randy Moss something so that he will feel like playing.

17. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

Was it for the entire drive or for a few plays?

18. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Regarding Dennis Green,

Maybe it isn't all that well known, but before the 15-1 season, Green took several weeks and analyzed every game by the Broncos from the previous season and built his entire game plan on that. So the time when he had the most success, he was just trying to imitate Mike Shanahan. I hear a lot of bad things about Green, who seems to be extremely arrogant, aka Bill Belichick. Both of these coaches have had to eat their words about being such geniuses. So I think he is a large part of the problem.

Randy Moss is definitely a virus for the Vikings. He has incredible skill, but in the end I think he pulls the team down. He even seems to have gotten Cris Carter back somewhat to his bad ways of the past. I can't believe all the showboating I see from those two. I'll never forget John Madden pointing out on a play a few years ago that Moss was at the line with his mouthpiece in his hand. Like Madden pointed out, there is no better way to tell the defender that he is a decoy! Green seems to like players with talent and bad attitudes. Didn't the Vikings pick up Dale Carter after his drug suspension? Just another example.

I'm disappointed to see Culpepper doing so poorly. I had high expectations of him. Maybe he would do better somewhere else.

19. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

20. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Stay true, fans! I'm a Raiders fan and endured 15+ years of ridicule, basically from 1984-1999. Your time will come again, and when it does, you'll feel vindicated because you stuck with them through the lean years. You'll know that "fairweather" and "bandwaggoner" do not, and will never, apply to you.

Keep the faith.