Viewtiful Joe for Sale

Discussion in 'Media Classifieds' started by Ray Warner, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Ray Warner

Ray Warner Stunt Coordinator

I've got a few leftover copies of the Japanese GameCube title Viewtiful Joe, if anyone wants to snag one.

They're brand new and in the shrinkwrap.

It's a Japanese import title. It works perfectly on a US GameCube using the Freeloader boot disk, which can be bought from any Electronics Boutique or Software etc. for ~$20. If you'd like, I can package one with the game for the same price.

It's in Japanese (of course) but is quite easy to figure out. It won't hit U.S. stores for a while, so go for it if you'd like a copy a few months early. Bear in mind that Japanese and USA game saves cannot share the same memory card, so you need one for USA games and one for JPN. Not sure why, but Nintendo has decreed it, so there you go.

Pricing is the same here as it is everywhere else: $60 (Japanese price is 6,800 yen) plus shipping to wherever I'm sending it. Shipping runs around $8 for the continental U.S., cheaper if you're close to Rhode Island, and it'll take around a week to arrive via UPS ground.

I accept PayPal and/or personal check, with the latter taking longer since it has to clear first.

PM or e-mail me with any questions or orders, and thanks!

2. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Bump for a great new Capcom game...sadly, I don't have the money for it myself right now.

3. Ray Warner

Ray Warner Stunt Coordinator

Heh. Fair enough. Glad to see the interest, though.

For those looking for some more info, I've been playing through the game a bit, and there's quite a bit of english here (meaning nearly everything). Cinematics, spoken dialouge, menu options, etc. are all English Language.

The game revolves around a guy sucked into an action movie, and plays as such. It's a Final Fight style brawler, but with Special Effects capabilies that effect both your character and your enemies. You can power these skills up as you fight enemies for experience, and before you know it Joe can freeze time or speed it up at will, zoom the camera in for punishing blows, etc. The idea is that you direct/star in an action movie as you advance the plot. The graphics are of the cell-shaded variety, but remain quite detailed.

Reviews are abundant on the web.