What's new

Viewsonic N4 and a PS2 hookup. (1 Viewer)

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
I just picked up a new PS2 and was planning on hooking it up to my 19" Viewsonic monitor. So I picked up a Viewsonic N4 video processor and hooked everything up tonight and have a question. Once it was hooked up I now have a fuzzy look to the monitor when using the computer. I tried changing the cables that came with it and used some here at the house but the same results. Even the PS2 does not look very clear. When you go into the setup screen on the PS2 there is a very fuzzy look to it. I unhooked the system and went direct from the pc to the monitor and it was all clear again. Anybody have any experience with these units? Any ideas??? I can't stand it looking like this.
Also on a PS2 is it worth it to get a s-video adapter for it? Will it make a big difference it the quality of the picture?
Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
Later
Jim

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
Well let's try this. Is there a TV/Monitor that I can use for computer and or gaming and tv watching? I would prefer not to go with anything lcd/flat panel.
Thanks
Jim

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Jim:

I think all the integrated units (I.E. the ones that have TV tuners in them) are LCDs.

As for the fuzzy look: Could be the cables. I have an All-In-Wonder card and I run the PS2 into it occasionally. I've noticed that there is sometimes some blurriness on it, likely caused by interference. Your problem very likely could be a result of the electromagnetic waves in the vicinity (and with a CRT monitor and a computer, you end up with a lot of EM waves) coupled with the box itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks