Viewsonic 15" Flat panel LCD new for $250.00

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Westly T, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

[​IMG]
    I just got a new ViewSonic VG150 from Presenting Solutions for $250.00. I thought this was an unusual deal so I'm passing it on. I have no connection with Presenting Solutions except as a one-time customer.
    See it here:
    http://www.presentingsolutions.com/p...asp?itemid=301
    This is the best Price I've found.
    Full 15" screen
    The VG150 displays a full, flat 15.0" viewable area that is comparable to the viewable area of traditional 17" (various viewable) CRTs.
    1024 x 768 true resolution
    Displays a crisp, clear native resolution of 1024 x 768 for easy-on-the-eyes viewing.
    Active matrix color technology
    Active matrix color technology provides sharper images.
    OnView® controls including ViewMatch®
    All screen adjustments are made via an on-screen menu using simple controls. This user-friendly control system easily adjusts image quality, size, position and fine tuning for optimal viewing.
    Slim 5.4" profile
    Weighs only 11 pounds
    VESA® wall mountable compliant
    Hang the flat panel on most walls with ViewSonic's optional wall mount kit (WM-U1).
    Anti-static, anti-glare screen
    This treatment cuts reflection and glare while maintaining the highest image quality.
    Plug & Play+
    Fully supports the Windows® auto-installation standard for easy, trouble-free configuration and set-up.
    TCO '99 and Energy Star® certified
    This monitor complies with the world's strictest standards for low radiation, safety, ergonomics, recycling and power management while saving costs through automatic power saving modes.
    PC and Mac compatible
    Three-year limited warranty
    ISO9001 and ISO14001
    ViewSonic Corporation's QMSEMS has been registered to ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 by the British Standards Institution.
    LCD Size 15" VIS
    True Resolution 1024 X 768
    Brightness 210 cd/m²
    Contrast Ratio 350:1
    Viewing Angle 120° horizontal, 100° vertical
    Glass Surface Anti-glare, anti-static
    INPUT SIGNAL Video RGB Analog (0.7Vp-p, 75 ohms)
    Sync H/V Separated (TTL), sync on green, composite
    Frequency Fh:30-62kHz, Fv:50-75Hz
    COMPATIBILITY PC PC and compatibles (from VGA up to 1,024 X 768)
    Mac® Power Mac® (up to 640 x 480)
    CONNECTOR Signal 15-pin mini D-sub, detachable cable
    Power 3-pin AC (CEE22)
    Security Kensington® security port
    POWER Voltage AC 100-240V 50/60Hz (auto switch)
    Consumption 38W (max)
    USER CONTROLS Basic Power on/off, key 1, up, down, key 2
    OnView® Contrast, brightness, H-size, H-position, ViewMatch® color, ViewMeter® OSD H/V-position, language, fine tune, auto sync, background, smoothing recall
    VIDEO INPUT Bandwidth 65MHz
    DIMENSIONS Physical H: 14.6"/372mm W: 15.3"/390mm D: 5.4"/138mm
    WEIGHT Net 5.0Kg (11.1 lbs.)
    SPECIAL FEATURES Also available in black and beige, Wall mount option
    EMISSION STANDARD TCO '99
    POWER
    MANAGEMENT Meets Energy Star® VESA® DPMS™ standards
    WARRANTY Three-year limited warranty on parts labor and backlight.

2. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

PS, the manual says the contrast is 400:1 not 350:1 as listed on the web page.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Any idea what the dot pitch is for this sweet deal of a flat screen LCD monitor? Around 0.30mm?

4. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Pat-

The viewsonic site lists .297 as the dot pitch; it seems to be listed as a used/refurb product.

If only they had the black model.

5. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

Viewsonic doesn't sell new monitors directly, you have to buy them from a retailer. The do sell accessories, refirbs, and discontinued items directly. That's why they only list used ones on the Viewsonic page. This monitor is from a retailer and is new.

6. Evan Hartnett

Evan Hartnett Stunt Coordinator

Staples sells this same monitor for $449.99. I'm thinking about trying a 110% price match.

7. Scott H

Scott H Supporting Actor

Westly T, do you have to call to get a price? Or am I overlooking it on the site? I think this may make it difficult to price match, as Evan suggested.

Matt, near the bottom of the page, under special features, it states "also available in black".

8. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Westly - the reason I suspected refurb is that to reach the listing from the main page, you have to click on a heading that says "open-stock products" on the Presenting Solutions site. Might be worth a call either way.

I did see that they list black as an option, but the black model carries a different model number (VG150b); I've sent an email to check and see if they carry the black model. It would look really nice as a HTPC monitor (for those times when the projector isn't needed, like for MP3s or CD burning)

9. Scott H

Scott H Supporting Actor

Matt, please post what you hear from them.

10. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

Yes, you do have to call to get the price. I picked up this monitor last week in person, new in the box, no refrib. I'm not sure where you are looking, but the link I gave was not in a refrib area and was not found by looking in a refrib area. It has a perfect picture and no dead pix.

11. Kirk Patrick

Kirk Patrick Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Westly , this is a new LCD with full warranty and they are authorized dealers. Apparently it is one-half of a bundle with a ViewSonic projector and they are splitting the bundle and selling seperately. This is one of ViewSonic's first and still highly rated LCD's.[​IMG]

12. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

You must of talked to the wrong guy, once when I called them I got a price of $289. I questioned him on it and he admitted he didn't know the price and tried to transfer me. The call was lost and when I called back I got the proper salesmen who again gave me the $250 price and I purchased it.

I ordered it from John Hardman, the salesman for San Diego. You can call him directly at 858-455-6877 and he will help you. I gave him a call and let him know I referred a friend. I let him know you received a higher price from the regular number, and he said to have you call him.

13. GregC

GregC Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone tell me what you give up to get this model vs. the 151 (new model)?

14. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

The biggest thing I see is the 151 has a DVI port and the 150 has only SVGA. If you have a video card with DVI or HDTV box with DVI you can get a direct digital connection providing higher quality because the signal did not have to go analog. Also in the future HDTV copy protection won't turn off the DVI HD content when the analog is turned off. But remember we are talking about a 15" display here.

15. GregC

GregC Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Westley. Looks like I'll be giving him a call.

16. Shayne Judge

Shayne Judge Stunt Coordinator

So is this deal still going on? Did everyone get a good quality LCD display that you are happy with?

17. DanHuff

DanHuff Auditioning

Most PC mags reccommend at least a 17" screen size on flat panels due to the ways Windows displays certain things. And if you wait a few weeks or a month, it will be cheaper anyway![​IMG]

18. GlenH

GlenH Stunt Coordinator

19. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

Dan,

Where did you read about this 17" recommendation for windows?

A 15" LCD is just about the same size as a 17" monitor, so I'm not sure what the problem is. The diagonal size on a monitor is less than what's stated due to the black edging around the viewable area is also measured. A 17" monitor is now up to maybe 16" viewable and a 15" lcd is 15" viewable.

I have a vg150 (not purchased from this offer) and I have no problems with XP. Also most of the laptops for sale are not any bigger than this screen.