What's new

Viewing STAR WARS digitally and Ticket Information (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The AMC Empire 25 and the Zeigfeld in New York City have both announced that they will be selling advanced tickets tomorrow!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Go to the Zeigfeld's website for the announcement:
Link Removed

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
The AMC South Barrington got rid of their DLP system? Why would they do something so stupid? Especially with SW ep 2 coming so soon. This is going to be the perfect film to showcase DLP.

I've already seen a few things on their DLP system. The last one was Monsters, Inc.. I specifically looked for the DLP showing to see how the digital to DLP transfer would look compared with a film to DLP.

The Woodfield Lowes is decent, but isn't as nice as they AMC, in my opinion. But, it looks like I may have to visit that one instead.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
That's strange. That's when I saw it there, too. I wonder what was going on when I went to see it?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I think I remember the format for the picture in the DLP theaters for Ep I was Motion JPEG, since it gave the best results for the size, supposedly better than MPEG 2. The size was only about 108o by something if I remember.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=2564
thats a connect to an article back from 99 about the DLP projectors. Here is the meat:
The picture is absolutely fantastic! Regardless of how close to the screen you are, the picture stays clean and crisp, a huge improvement over current film projectors. Amazingly enough, the resolution of the digital projector showcased was only 1280 x 1024 pixels--apparently, a larger resolution does not make any noticeable difference in quality. The picture is digitally compressed with the motion-JPEG format, which was found to be higher in quality than MPEG.

Charles Bober

Stunt Coordinator
UPDATE: The AMC South Barrington 30 will start selling tickets online & via phone at 8am but walk-ups won't be able to purchase until 10:30am. That sucks. I guess that's their way of avoiding lines or camping out. Anyway, showtimes weren't available when I called so you'll find out when you call.
The Loews Streets of Woodfield has not announced any showtimes or when tickets will go on sale. I don't expect any new information until Monday but will call tomorrow just in case.

Christopher a

Stunt Coordinator
The Clearview Cinemas website is so vauge. Can I stand on line tomorrow at 10am at the Ziegfeld and pick up tickets?

Thanks,

Chris

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The picture is absolutely fantastic! Regardless of how close to the screen you are, the picture stays clean and crisp, a huge improvement over current film projectors. Amazingly enough, the resolution of the digital projector showcased was only 1280 x 1024 pixels--apparently, a larger resolution does not make any noticeable difference in quality. The picture is digitally compressed with the motion-JPEG format, which was found to be higher in quality than MPEG.
That 'review' is one subjective opinion.

Others find line structure quite noticable in the front half of an auditorium with a large screen.

And the bit about larger than 1280x1024 resolution not making a difference is pure propaganda.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Saw a news report stating they go on sale tommorow in Brooklyn, NY, so I'm assuming this is a world wide thing as well?
Last year, I sat in line for a grand total of an hour(Some where there a few days), and still got tickets in the THX theater for the 8 Ocklock showing. It was also an 80 degree sunny day, so it wasn't a problem waiting :). Only thing is, I don't remember them going on sale this early.
Ahh well, any info will be appreciated :).

Jay W

Supporting Actor
No idea when they are going on sale here in Southern California... anyone know when Fandango will have them online? Haven't go the time to stand in line for tickets this coming week :frowning:.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Tickets are now available online at the Clearview Cinemas/Moviefone site. I just got 6 tickets for the midnight show at the Ziegfeld on May 16th. It was almost too easy - three years ago I waited on a line outside that same theater for 9 1/2 hours for tickets to THE PHANTOM MENACE.

--Bill

Charles Bober

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the AMC South Barrington 30 is not having a midnight showing. Damn them. First they screw us on the DLP and now this. I'm holding out for the Streets of Woodfield. Maybe they will capatilize on AMC's lackluster attitude with DLP AND midnight showings.
I'm just happy we're 2 weeks away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim J

Second Unit
I got my tickets this morning for Clifton Commons 12:30pm show. They didn't list midnight times.

This was 8:15 this morning. I'm assuming it will be on one of their THX screens.

This is an AMC theater. I think I was on their direct line.

Moviefone didn't have them. movietickets.com doesn't have them either (10:30am). fandango doesn't have them.

good luck guys.

Hey Neil V, I'm in wyckoff too!

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Hey... anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area know when/if tickets will go on advanced sale for the AMC1000 digital presentation in SF? This, AFAIK, is the only digital presentation of ep.2 in Northern California.

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
I could have sworn that I saw Jurassic Park III in DLP last summer in downtown Denver here. They even asked me to fill out a survey card about it.
I just got off the phone with a nice woman at the United Artists Denver Pavillions, who said their DLP projector is still permanently installed in one of their theaters.
I asked about AOTC, and she said their hoping for a digital copy, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
Funny, the DLP web site doesn't even mention a projector installation in Denver at all.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I have been TRYING to get my tickets online for the Seattle Cinerama showing on May 16th, 17th, or 18th -here this morning/afternoon.
So far - N0 LUCK & I have to go to work here soon - I'm probably screwed!!!! :frowning:

Jim J

Second Unit
Turns out they do have 12:01 screenings, however the date is 5/15 Duh!

Not that I wanted the night anyway. My gransfather wouldn't go for it, and I like to keep tradition!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Seattle Star Wars fans:
After having no luck getting tickets online for the Seattle Cinerama using: www.MovieTickets.com
I called the Cinerama directly at: (206)441-3080
And purchased 2 tickets for May 16th @10:45 PM using the moviephone system. $20.00 Total
No confirmation # - so that kinda worries - but the system told me to just bring in the credit card I used today and they'll have the tickets for me.
Can anyone confirm that this is how moviephone works? No confirmation # and just bring in the same credit card when picking up the tickets?
Just a heads up to you Seattle residents...the rumor is still out there that the Cinerama will be showing all these shows in Digital as well!!! :)

Jim J

Second Unit
Michael

Yes, works fine. There will probably be a machine (or a few) that looks like an ATM. Put in your creditcard, out come the tickets.

I haven't done this since TPM, but I doubt it has changed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks