What's new

Viewing audio while listening to CD's on 3805 (1 Viewer)

Larry J

Agent
I just recently set up my AVR 3805. I run everything through the 3805 and have one video out to the TV. On my old receiver (Yamaha 5240) I could listen to a CD while watching video (DVD or television) without sound. On the 3805, I have not been able to do this. Any ideas?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Real Name
Wayne
I think there is something in the menu specifically for this, but in the meantime try it the way the Yamaha works: Select your video source, then switch to the audio. Hopefully the picture from the video source will stay on the screen.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
lower left corner, pg. 67 of US 3805 manual:

and i'm sorry if your remote won't allow you to do it. that's where it's needed. my 3803's remote won't do it either. supposedly the higher receivers have it on their remotes and our remotes can be "taught" this function from them.

it's sort of an "issue", so there is some discussion about it out there, if you're interested. i'll try and dig up a thread about it somewhere for you, if i can.

mackie

Supporting Actor
I bought a programmable, universal remote and downloaded the codes for the video select function from remotecentral.com and was able to fix the problem. Programmable universal remotes are a wonderful tool and aren't that hard to program. The site I referenced is much like this one and there are lots of people willing to help out. BTW - it does seem like such a basic function should be on the remote.

Larry J

Agent
Thanks for the info. I'm using a harmony remote control, do you think the info is there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runemesa
Recent bookmarks