What's new

View New Posts enhancement request (1 Viewer)

StephenMSmith

Stunt Coordinator
There are just way too many daily posts here for me to use the View New Posts function. It would be great if I could see the new posts for *only* the forums I mark as favorites. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Steve

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Stephen:

Forum favorites is an add on to the original code for vBulletin and therefore doesn't allow you see the newest posts in just your forum favorites.

You can however go to the User Control panel and select to view only those posts since you last logged in and set this up with your forum favorites.

Let's say you have Hardware and Software as the two forums that you are interested in you can then go to the User Control panel Edit Options and chose to view the threads from the last time you logged in. This will have the same effect as seeing only the new threads only in the forums that you are interested in.

Parker

StephenMSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Parker. Thanks for the rapid response.

OK, I set my default forum views to "Since Last Visit", but I couldn't figure out how to get a comprehensive list of all the posts since my last visit for all my favorite forums. Is that possible or do I need to view each forum individually?

Thanks,

Steve

StephenMSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Also, here's a little bug: with Since Last Visit selected as my default forum view, the Show Threads From option doesn't work, ie. if I select Show Threads From last 2 days, I still get only threads since last visit. The only way to see any threads since my last visit is to select From the Beginning.

Steve

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
No comprehensive list would be available. You would have to look at each forum individually.

I will look into the other issue as that is not what it normally does.

Parker

StephenMSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Parker. Just a quick follow-up:

This hasn't worked out too well. I think the problem is that whenever I close a forum's page, it updates my last visit time. That in turn means that any other open windows w/forum thread listings with more than 1 page lose their 2nd pages.

Also, the Last Visited bug is definitely there. The thread view drop-down only accepts Since the Beginning. All other choices just return to Since Last Visited.

My old browsing method really wasn't that bad. I just used Last 5 days as my default thread view and fired off my favorite forums in separate browser windows manually. I just continue to use this methods. No biggie.

But I sure would love the ability to get a View New Posts main menu option that showed me the posts since last visit for only my subscribed favorite forums!

Thanks,

Steve

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Stephen:

Check it out now and see if it sticks with saving the default as since the last time you visited and then select back 2 days and see if that stays.

Otherwise this is as good as its going to get. Having only those posts that have been written to those forums that you have selected as your favorites since you last logged on won't be done with the software.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks