What's new

Vidsonix Speakers? (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Has anybody heard of the company Vidsonix? They have a web page and sell some on Ebay as well. They look similar to Fluance. Anyone ever tried their products or heard anything about them?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Never heard of them, but they certainly sound like one of those white van deals, just available on ebay. It's not hard to have a web site.

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that their parent company would be Crapsonix:D They do not look like quality speakers to me but they certainly are cheap.

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
youd be VERY surprised at their quality...compared to wharfedale and other somewhat lower brand names Vidsonix is leaps and bounds above them in construction quality. Sound quality is also well above your run of the mill speakers you can buy at best buy etc. for the price i dont think there is much out there that is better, and they are not a white van deal... they are a legitimate company with great support.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Jesse,

What speakers do you own? When I posted this i was trying to figure out if these were comparable to Fluance.

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
i have the MG-S84 mini towers..... ive never heard fluance speakers although i am considering them for a center speaker if i find one cheaper than the vidsonix center..... but ive auditioned a lot of paradigm, B&W, etc, and the only thing that the vidsonix lack is depth. The highs sound very crisp for a very very very inexpensive speaker, but the 4" drivers definately lack lower frequencies..... for home theater they are ideal, but i would use something else if you were planning on using them for more cd listening. the vidsonix are sticking in my theater room, but i will be stepping up a few notches for my listening room. i can tell you that my wharfedale bipole surrounds are no where near as well built as the vidsonix, and i like the sound of the vidsonix much more as well.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Hi JesseBro

Which speaker model of Warfedale bipoles (they have/do make a number of models) and which bipole Vidsonix speaker model are you comparing in your opinion.???

A link to each brands bipole model you have would be nice, (but just the model number) "for each" would be fine.

I find (your take/impression) on the bipoles specificly,,, interesting..

Geoff ¥

AzeemE

Auditioning
The Fluance AV-SC center channel is actually a great center for the price. I've demo'd the AV-HTB bundle quite extensively, and have used the AV-SC center as replacement for the center that comes with it. It was certainly a noticeable difference -the vocals come out much more pronounced and rich, mostly as a result of the 5" woofers (instead of the 4" that comes packaged w/ the AV-HTB). I think you would be hardpressed to find a center channel of similar calibre in the same price range.

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
i have the cheaper WH-2 bipolar wharfedales...... and i was referring more or less to the build quality of the wharfedales, i was so dissapointed in the quality that i emailed them about it...... the drivers were not centered, there was glue all over the place, and the allen head screws were in crooked. as for sound, i know they are strictly for surround purposes, but they really lacked detail and sound somewhat muddy. I know that both the vidsonix and the wharfedales are cheaper products(im a broke college guy), but i was simply amazed at what i got from vidsonix for a shade over $60 shipped. even at the lower grade, wharfedale should have higher standards.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
That sucks as I've seen (4) different pairs of the WH-2's and None have any of the horrid build quility problems that your pair exibits. Maybe you got some seconds or something. If this is the case it should not have happened.

The ones I heard and saw were:
1-pair of Black, 2-pair of Maple, and a pair of White. Build exceed what one would assume/expect to see for their price.

If bought threw anyone thats legit to sell Wharf,,, IAG USA would have taken care of this. Sent you a new pair FREE.
Forget Emailing them, call!!!!
They have excellent customer service, at least I've had no problems with them dealing with anything in Wharf or Quad speaks, from the lower end to high end. I always deal with Jeff who is head of Wharfs US customer service. I had a Oak Emerald-99MKIV with one 8" bass driver that I new the coil was slightly off center. It sounded fine, but new that this could pose a problem later. Jeff of Wharf sent me four drivers, (2-mids & 2-bass), free of charge to replace all the mid and bass drivers.
Just one of a few dealings I've had with them.
I've never had a problem with them taking care of any speaker problem and they have always gone far beyond what I thought necessary.

As to the WH-2 sound, this could be a bad pair you got driver & or crossover wise, or possibly sonicaly their alright and you simply just do not like their sound.
None of the 4 pairs I've seen and listened to had a muddy sound to them. If yours are sonicaly alright you may just prefer a different sound.
Sound in speakers are & is always a subjective personal preferance.
Whats driving them can have a bearing on a speakers sound also as you may already know..

Bad deal on your WH-II's and sorry to hear that your pair are screwed up build wise and possibly even sound wise.

Regards
Geoff ¥

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
i appreciate your reply! it was just a little discouraging especially since i bought them AFTER my vidsonix, expecting them to be of higher quality..... im going to to take some up close pictures of the vidsonix, i think everyone would be pretty impressed..... i probably sound like a damn infomercial!!

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
No, not at all.

Shoot a pic of the junk Wharf next to the Vid also if you can.

I'm sure their are many others, who like you, are on a strict budget and are looking for decent speaks that are afforadable and surpass their $$$ layout.

Fluance took a beating for awhile before gaining some respect! ;)

Cheers
Geoff ¥

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks