VIDOCQ Special Edition $7.99 at Blockbuster Canada

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Brian Thibodeau, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

This might be more useful to Canadian readers and US border residents as I believe this fantastic French thriller was released as a Special Edition in Canada only. There IS a full-frame R3 disc that can be had for not much more money, but it lacks this disc's excellent special features. And judging from what Poker is selling it for:

http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker...=VIDOCQCAN-DVD

you could do A LOT worse than $7.99. This is not boxing day pricing either; they've got a small selection of lesser-known titles available now at this price.

2. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Thanks for the heads up. I stopped by my local Blockbuster today and found several copies of this title on the shelves. I've always been curious about this film as the storyline seemed rather intriguing....at $7.99, it was an easy purchase.[​IMG]

I took a brief look at the disc....too bad the making of documentaries are french only with no english subtitles- You would think that in a country where most of the population speaks English, a company in CANADA would have the decency and common sense to include English subtitles for everything- not just the movie itself. [​IMG]

3. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

I think the commentary is subtitled at least, so that's cool. I agree with you. I think this is the same company that released the excellent 3-disc set of Brotherhood of the Wolf, in which everything was subtitled. Strange, that...

If you haven't seen the film, I guarantee there's nothing out there quite like it visually.

4. RolandM

RolandM Stunt Coordinator

Hmm, I don't remember seeing this one at BlockBuster, but I'll have to check again (I may have seen it but didn't know what it was until now...)

I also saw a few other movies there that weren't too bad for $7.99. I picked up The Hole for that price and it is a very good movie, IMO, apart from it being a little disturbing. I also saw Run Lola Run at the same price but it was the older, pan & scan/fullscreen version so I passed on that...