What's new

VIDOCQ Special Edition $7.99 at Blockbuster Canada (1 Viewer)

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
This might be more useful to Canadian readers and US border residents as I believe this fantastic French thriller was released as a Special Edition in Canada only. There IS a full-frame R3 disc that can be had for not much more money, but it lacks this disc's excellent special features. And judging from what Poker is selling it for:

http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker...=VIDOCQCAN-DVD

you could do A LOT worse than $7.99. This is not boxing day pricing either; they've got a small selection of lesser-known titles available now at this price.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I think the commentary is subtitled at least, so that's cool. I agree with you. I think this is the same company that released the excellent 3-disc set of Brotherhood of the Wolf, in which everything was subtitled. Strange, that...

If you haven't seen the film, I guarantee there's nothing out there quite like it visually.

RolandM

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, I don't remember seeing this one at BlockBuster, but I'll have to check again (I may have seen it but didn't know what it was until now...)

I also saw a few other movies there that weren't too bad for $7.99. I picked up The Hole for that price and it is a very good movie, IMO, apart from it being a little disturbing. I also saw Run Lola Run at the same price but it was the older, pan & scan/fullscreen version so I passed on that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks