What's new

Videotroptics Price Reductions no longer public... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I emailed the gentlemen at this site yesterday because I'd noticed they hadn't updated their very fine and informative price reductions list for a month or so. I received this reply:

"At the end of October we were asked by our two distribution companies to move the new information to our secure retailer-only area. We're in negotiations with the studios to display the information again out in the public site; we hope to be able to do so again in a little while."

Obviously these guys were pressured by the studios not to reveal such "inside information," as the retailers want to sell as many copies of a given title at full price before the cut rate takes effect. I can understand the reasoning, but it's a shame nevertheless.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gee, the site seems updated to me?... Here's something new today:

Finally, Columbia has also announced a series of price drops on many popular catalog titles, all of which go into effect on 2/5. Dropping to $19.95 are All The Pretty Horses, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Finding Forrester, Look Who's Talking, both versions of Saving Silverman, and The Wedding Planner. Falling to $14.95 are the special edition of Cliffhanger, The Freshman, Love Stinks, Poetic Justice, The Seventh Sign, Under Suspicion and Universal Soldier: The Return.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yes, the Columbia titles have been added. However, these were posted on DVD File days earlier, and in my email to Videotropic I pointed this out to them.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
That's too bad. I used to use VideoTropic for my price reduction info after Image-Entertainment stopped providing it. Thanks for letting us know Dick, so where do we go now to get our price reduction fix? :frowning:
Gregory

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks