1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Video switching dilemma

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_T, Sep 21, 2001.

1. James_T

James_T Stunt Coordinator

I have a semi-complex problem to solve with video switching, and I'm not sure it's possible. Here's what I want to do:
    I have two TVs (a front projector and a smaller TV). I have a DVD player and will be getting a PS2 soon, and need to be able to do component switching between them. That is not the problem. What is a problem is that I want to connect my PS2 to the projector via component cables, but ALSO connect it to my smaller TV via a composite cable. What makes this difficult is that the PS2 only has one all-purpose output for video. Is there any way I can route the PS2's video to my projector via component and to my smaller TV via composite at the same time?
    So I guess I'm asking is if there are any video switchers that do this, whether in a receiver or external. Thanks.

2. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

3. James_T

There is a heck of a lot to sift through at that site... can anyone recommend something specifically that might solve my problem? I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on this... is there a receiver that can solve the problem? Please, I'd like to do this next week and I don't know how to.

4. James_T

Anyone?