Video switching dilemma

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_T, Sep 21, 2001.

1. James_T

James_T Stunt Coordinator

I have a semi-complex problem to solve with video switching, and I'm not sure it's possible. Here's what I want to do:
    I have two TVs (a front projector and a smaller TV). I have a DVD player and will be getting a PS2 soon, and need to be able to do component switching between them. That is not the problem. What is a problem is that I want to connect my PS2 to the projector via component cables, but ALSO connect it to my smaller TV via a composite cable. What makes this difficult is that the PS2 only has one all-purpose output for video. Is there any way I can route the PS2's video to my projector via component and to my smaller TV via composite at the same time?
    So I guess I'm asking is if there are any video switchers that do this, whether in a receiver or external. Thanks.

2. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

3. James_T

There is a heck of a lot to sift through at that site... can anyone recommend something specifically that might solve my problem? I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on this... is there a receiver that can solve the problem? Please, I'd like to do this next week and I don't know how to.

4. James_T

Anyone?