What's new

Video shielded subwoofer under $1000.00 ?? (1 Viewer)

MichaelBJ

Auditioning
Any recommendations for a subwoofer that will be placed within 18 inches of a 32-inch direct TV ? I am not looking to reach the lowest octave, and will be using it in a system that is 60% music and 40% HT. Thanks in advance.- Michael

DanaA

Screenwriter
I'd heartily recommend you consider the Hsu subs. I know the VTF-2 is shielded, so I imagine the new VTF-3, which is getting wonderful reviews here at HTF, is also shielded. Man, do I love my VTF-2. The thoughts of a VTF-3 has my mouth watering. Another great choice, of course, would be SVS, but I'm not sure they're shielded or not. Of course, it may boil down to whether you like the cube shape of Hsu or the cylandric shape of SVS. A third choice might be Adire, but, if I recall, their lower end Rava is not shielded. I don't know if it extends throughout the line. Any of these three manufacturers should offer wonderful choices below $1000.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Why within 18"? That seems close, but why must it be that way? Have you done any checking for room effect relative to the place you have already chosen for the sub? The place you have chosen might not be the right spot. For music, corner loading may not yield the best results, you might have to move it around the room and listen to find the best spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks