What's new

Video selctor switch with optical inputs (1 Viewer)

Chad Sunderland

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I have 3 game consoles, a PS2, an X-Box, and a DreamCast that I run through my Yamaha receiver. The X-Box and the PS2 both have optical outputs. I do not have enough optical inputs on my reciever to use the optical outs on my game systems.

What I'm looking for is a simple selector switch to plug all 3 game consoles into, that has optical inputs. I have seen several of these at places like Best Buy, and even Wal-mart...but they all use just A/V jacks and S-Video. Does anyone know of a selctor switch with optical inputs? A selector switch that will allow 4 devices to be hooked up would be ideal, as I will probably be adding a GameCube in the future. Thanks for any leads!

Chad

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Radio Shack makes catalog 15-1987 has 6 inputs and 2 outputs and is $149.99. Each input has a toslink and analog audio jacks as well as composite and 'S' video.

Lee Petty

Stunt Coordinator
do you just need the optical switch? if so check out Parts Express and part number 180-980. it is only $19.80. then you could also pick up the other switch if you need it (check part number 180-932) for around $30, and by using both you will save around $100 if you dont mind using 2 separate switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks