What's new

Video quality of Xbox with component cables (1 Viewer)

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
i have a question regarding the various HD signals. I have MVP Baseball 2004 and after I booted it up is shows that it is being projected at 720p. I have my X1 set at 4:3 but it didnt look right so I switched it to 16:9. This might be a elementary question, but does 720p imply a widescreen aspect ratio?

If so I guess that would make sense, but would there be a way to project MVP in 480p so that I can keep my 4:3 aspect ratio? It just seems weird to play in 16:9.

If there is a site that explains the progressive vs interlaced and 480i,480p,720p, and 1080i id like to read up on it to avoid these questions in the future.

Now a bit more related to the topic, the MS HD AV pack is astounding! I cant believe how much better it makes games look and sound. Definately worth the $10 I spent on it!!

Andy

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Yes 720p and 1080i are HD formats and they are by definition 16:9 aspect ratio. All HDTVs switch to widescreen mode only for HD formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks