What's new

Video problem on HTPC (1 Viewer)

Ryan Kelly

Auditioning
I have my PC hooked up to my tv through Svideo (until I can find one of the ATI dongle's). Everything looks fine, until I try to play a video. So far I've only tried to play a few small things I had on my HD through WMP and Winamp, and when I do, it is "blocky". There are about 4 different rows of the movie, each shifted down from one another, so it doesn't all line up. It only does this if I play through my TV though, not if I have a monitor hooked up. Anyone have any ideas, or what information is needed to help get some ideas?

Thanks
Ryan

Tony Loewen

Stunt Coordinator
could just be a bad video clip. the monitor has a better dot pitch and resolution than your tv will, and svideo is not the greatest connection either, so if a video has little blockyness (?) or artifacts on your pc monitor, expect it to have alot more on your tv screen. Have you tried playing dvd's or any higher resolution video clips through to your TV yet?

Ryan Kelly

Auditioning
Yes, I've tried several different clips, along with two different DVD's. I may have to resort to the ATI component dongle. Is there any place that this can be bought, or must it be ordered online?

Ryan Kelly

Auditioning
Yes, that is the product. The only place I can find it is on the ATI site, I wasn't sure if it was available at any stores that would be local, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks